Ramp questions. Ramp questions. Ramp questions. Ramp questions.

Thread: Ramp questions.

Default Ramp questions.

Hey what's the word on fishing since everything is shutting down? Is there ramps open? What's the opinion on fisherman coming from out of state? Will people not like it ?

From what I read,looking like the ramps all open as of today.Have not seen a post of anything closed yet.

This is quote from the OGF website, you can check it out @ Did the Governor just say I can't go fishing? | Page 6 | Ohio Game Fishing - Your Ohio Fishing Resource

"My fishing buddy from Indiana got a $500 fine and sent home for crossing the Ohio line pulling a boat 2 days ago.
    I called Ohio Highway patrol today and they said yes if I cross the Ohio line they're going to give me a ticket."

Did the Governor just say I can't go fishing? | Page 6 | Ohio Game Fishing - Your Ohio Fishing Resource
    Last edited by PDnaz; 03-24-2020 at 08:09 PM. Reason: information

All Ohio DNR boat ramps are open to the public. Restrooms MAY or MAY NOT be open, FYI. Fishing in Ohio is permitted under Gov. DeWine's orders allow for being outside and fishing anywhere otherwise legal in the state. The social distancing thing doesn't practically apply to most people fishing because they most often come from the same household anyway, and traveled to water in the same vehicle. I am working on an article about Great Lakes Fishing right now on this topic for greatlakesnow.org.

I'm not calling anyone untruthful. But this post lacks many details. I spoke with two individuals at OSHP during the last hour. I am told that at this time, troopers are not stopping vehicles and inquiring about origination or destination points, unless it is a law enforcement traffic stop on something other than standard traveling. Anyone with first-hand knowledge of this post is asked to contact [email protected] as soon as possible. FYI....

So I called Ohio State patrol as was listed on that thread.

I asked if I could come from WI, towing a boat, to fishing and stay in OH. They said they could not answer, yes or no, and ask that I refer to the State Mandate which can change daily. They did ask what part of our trip we considered essential and said for that reason they wouldn't recommend it.

Fishing provides food for family and is an outdoor activity away from people.Providing food for family is essential....and keeping your sanity.