harness blades harness blades harness blades harness blades

Thread: harness blades

Default harness blades

Trapped in the house thought I would make up a few Harness for later on.
    What is the size blades you use and best place to purchase them

Also coming up in couple weeks where is best place to fill my boxes with bandits.

I mostly cast harnesses and use #4 blades from netcraft. As for bandits I mostly buy online but usually get best deals at fishing shows . I believe some local bait stores around Marblehead are selling custom colors . Check out DJs online local guy full of great custom crank baits and full of great information. I'm also a crankbait of the month subscriber at domka outdoors

Do you cast blades even in the deeper water? 30'-40'?

If casting the only blade you need is a Colorado #4 gold blade with a lip on back.For trolling I use mainly #5 Colorado and double willow blades.I sometimes will use #6 Colorado too.The colors for trolling vary widely.The past two seasons have not trolled harnesses as much.The 2015 fish we have been catching the past two seasons have been preferring spoons.But when we had trolled with harnesses,my go to setup was using the #2 tadpoles weights with #5 purple boxer Colorado blade and a chartreuse double willow blades.The harnesses actually worked well in 2017 when the lake was overrun with those short 2015 fish.The harnesses seemed to help us catch the bigger fish.It was probably more due to location but we were able to stay away from those schools of shorts and limit on better fish.On a side note...with this pandemic and having all this free time....my reply is getting long winded.Oh yeah,I have got most my blades at fishermen wharf.But all the bait stores have custom blades.

Yeah my friend made about 100 harnesses this winter but if I could catch fish without meat it would speed up the process for the crew I got. The few times we tried casting in deeper waters with Erie dearies we didn't do so well.

I have found that once water is much deeper than 30fow the success casting really goes down.Don't get me wrong, there are times when fish suspended in deeper water can be caught casting,but that can change and the fish will move deeper as sun rises and pressure pushes them down.When casting we use the weapons/worm harness setup.A weight 2ft ahead of the #4 gold Colorado and a double #2 gamagutsu hook.