Stocking up Stocking up Stocking up Stocking up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stocking up

Default Stocking up

Haven't had a chance to hit the big Lake yet. With MLB on hold Reds won't play until a least May 8th I will have plenty of time to fish.
    Now give me the fun rundown what I should put in my box. Lures bandits, HJ. perfect 10s and colors. How many should I stock up with.

We pull a lot of bandits but all those will work! As for colors we run stock colors like blue chrome with orange belly, sunspot, and electric zebra (lots of other great stock colors to choose from too) but we also have a pretty big assortment from domka outdoors. Chrome huff daddy, Pooh bear, real naughty just to name a few. Just got in a order of habanero bandits (orange) and can’t wait to try them! Buying baits is really addictive haha

Default More bandits

Quote Originally Posted by metheis View Post
    We pull a lot of bandits but all those will work! As for colors we run stock colors like blue chrome with orange belly, sunspot, and electric zebra (lots of other great stock colors to choose from too) but we also have a pretty big assortment from domka outdoors. Chrome huff daddy, Pooh bear, real naughty just to name a few. Just got in a order of habanero bandits (orange) and can’t wait to try them! Buying baits is really addictive haha
    I've been doing well all winter running RC crush , chicken pox, red and purple headed wonder breads and speed racer .

Collecting cranks is akin to women buying shoes...you never have enough of them.I would buy some stock colors of the p10,dhj and bandits then concentrate getting custom colors in bandits.The bandits produce all season long.Have read water temps nearing 40 degrees recently.That means the p10s,that produce right after ice out,will be nearing the end of producing best.The bandit stock colors I use most are blue chrome,black chrome,khaki,humble bee and blackhead wonderbread.The custom colors in bandits I use most are,huff daddy,IB frozen,Marvin,pooh bear chartreuse and purple.I would initially buy one of each color.You would wish you had another when that color produces one day.That is when you buy two of that color.I got too many double colors of cranks that I don't use much in my box.Get a few stock of p10 and dhj too.

Well I'm kinda new at this but I just cant see the difference with the bandits, reef runners, smithwicks, thundersticks? What is it, do they have different action? they all resemble baitfish.....hey, Im a rookie at this so please don't be mad if this question is insulting to you experienced fisherman.

Default Action

I'm no pro but do have some experience, I know that p10s still rattle at slow speeds 1 MPH something bout that roll in the actions walleye like when its cold . Bandits don't believe rattle much at slower speeds although they still catch walleye all winter long

Thanks guy ready to spend all my money stocking my walleye box. Don.t do much Bass fishing any more have over 25 370 boxes full of ass stuff. Not starting a new hobby walleye lure collecting.lol

The crankbaits we buy have different actions and run at different depths.The difference is mainly due to the size of the plastic lip on front of lure that causes the lure to dive and move/shake from side to side.Other differences are the size and shape of the body,number and position of treble and having beads or not.These differences make each crank have a different action.Some days the fish prefer one lure over another due to the action of that lure.So people will run several different lures to see what the fish want that day.The Smithwick perfect 10 have the smallest lip and they run shallower and more subtle action.The P10 produced well in the coldest water and run at the slowest speeds when fish are lathergic from the extreme cold.The deep husky jerks and bandits have and have similar action and depth and catch well when water warms a little.The reefrunner 800 have the largest lip,have the most action and run the deepest.But the 800s are difficult to tune due to that large lip.In my opinion,the most important thing to successful catching in order of importance is depth,speed then color.

Now that's some good knowledge, thx bob...I see you are from Royalton. North Olmsted here. Our boats on PIB and now cant even get to it...we are gonna try this trolling thing with cranks this year wneber able to. We just used harnesses last year but a little later in the season. Be nice to catch on crank, takes my senior citizen crew to forever rebait the harnesses...more time out of the water than in...

Yes,I live on N Royalton.I personally do not own a boat,but have several friends that do and we fish up at the islands almost weekly.As far as I have read,we are still allowed to do outdoor activities.That would include fishing.The thing I would be most worried about when we start is spending that 2.5hr round trip in car with the crew.Obviosly,the smaller your crew,the safer you are.Also,how safe are your friends and how safely are they practicing their social distancing.I'm 62yrs old and have no underlying health issues.I probably would not require hospitalization,but how important is it to you, to not infect your family or my 87 yr old father.Good luck and be safe.