What a day for March on lake erie. What a day for March on lake erie. What a day for March on lake erie. What a day for March on lake erie.

Default What a day for March on lake erie.

We launched at 8 am from Mazurik and headed out to the north side of kelleys. We found tons of really nice fish marks all the way to the shoal. We also found a lot of un-fishable muddy water from the wind Friday night. Made a move west towards south Bass and we found better water and another nice pod of feeding fish. we boated 40 fish and kept a 4 man for my customers and a limit for me too. It was nice to have some fresh cold water walleye. A couple 8 pound fish but no hawgs today. The big fish where in the muddy water. We ran bandits and perfect 10's 1 to 1.3 did the job fish where high in the water 20/20 and 25/25 worked best over 30' of water. we where done by 1 pm and didn't catch a fish until 10:30 so the active schools are an amazing bite but they are in small areas and you have to search to find them. Cleared 10 rods twice. all the fun walleye fishing can provide. The weather was absolutely amazing for March. I have 2 spots left for a walk on for Sunday March 15th and some April dates open if anyone wants a trip. Tight lines to all. What a day for March on lake erie.-3720-003-jpg
    What a day for March on lake erie.-3720-001-jpgWhat a day for March on lake erie.-3720-005-jpg
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

Nice job Capt, any kind of color pattern on them bandits and p10s ?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Porkchop View Post
    We launched at 8 am from Mazurik and headed out to the north side of kelleys. We found tons of really nice fish marks all the way to the shoal. We also found a lot of un-fishable muddy water from the wind Friday night. Made a move west towards south Bass and we found better water and another nice pod of feeding fish. we boated 40 fish and kept a 4 man for my customers and a limit for me too. It was nice to have some fresh cold water walleye. A couple 8 pound fish but no hawgs today. The big fish where in the muddy water. We ran bandits and perfect 10's 1 to 1.3 did the job fish where high in the water 20/20 and 25/25 worked best over 30' of water. we where done by 1 pm and didn't catch a fish until 10:30 so the active schools are an amazing bite but they are in small areas and you have to search to find them. Cleared 10 rods twice. all the fun walleye fishing can provide. The weather was absolutely amazing for March. I have 2 spots left for a walk on for Sunday March 15th and some April dates open if anyone wants a trip. Tight lines to all. What a day for March on lake erie.-3720-003-jpg
    What a day for March on lake erie.-3720-001-jpgWhat a day for March on lake erie.-3720-005-jpg
    That looks like you had a nice day! Way to go Sam.

Nice job Captain. Great report!

Great job on finding and catching those fish.Most reports that I read that fished Sunday struggled to catch a limit.On those 20/20 and 25/25 leads,what size weight did you use? Im guessing 2oz but some people use 1oz.

It was a great day no special color but all baits had the PROP color on the bottom purple, red, orange and pink. The white bodied baits work well right now. I was using a 2 oz weight. The key was the proper water. I had to work a small area with clean enough water. As soon as you would troll out of the cleaner water the bite died. Marks where still there but no bite turn around and right back into cleaner water. Just enough of a difference. The fish are hungry and feeding, they will eat just about anything if they can see it. Water clarity will be critical for the next month in close where these fish are right now. You have to find the proper water and then work it. I moved 4 times before finding the proper water, it is a lot of work setting 12 lines pulling them all in and resetting 4 times before catching a fish. We worked for this bag but once on them we where done in two hours. This lake is amazing and always changing with wind and current from different directions I learn more and more everyday I get to spend out there. Tight lines to you all.
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

Great response thank you. If weather holds I'll be out after them Thursday.

Capt Sam,Do you have a first mate on your boat or do you do everything yourself?