off shore planner board set up off shore planner board set up off shore planner board set up off shore planner board set up

Default off shore planner board set up

All, I have been using the OR18 black snapper clip up front and the orange OR19 release in rear with the tatle flag.

I'm wondering the following.

1- although tatle flag is not needed on Erie I do use them but i feel the OR19 release slips too easily, what rear release do you run with an OR18 up front?

2- how many use the orange 19 up front such you can release it to allow the board to come in more easily?

I like the tattle flag, it helps so I do not tow around a dink for an hour. I use the same black snap in the front that you mentioned, but I use the OR16 snap in the back. (Red) I use braid line so the OR16 grips better. But, if your line slips out the slack, regardless of tattle flags, they will not bounce. It would be as though you did not have them. The slack is what allows them to work.

I use Sam's pro release up front....offshore now sells them.....or 39 I think, and the black snappers out back
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

Yes, if I were buying all over again, I think I would go with the "Sams" OR 39 clip just because they are made to trip the board.. Not sure if I would? I usually am by myself and take the board off myself. I have tried about all the others though for the rear that Offshore lists and have found the OR 16 to be the heaviest and hold braid the best. It the rear clip that I fight the most when it comes to slippage. I loop in my fingers then clip so it is wrapped twice. There is a market for sure for a rear clip for braid that (will not) slip and pinned to you wont have to chase a board.. Thats always fun.

I run the OR18 on the rear and either the black or orange offshore releases, not sure of numbers on the front.
    When I get a fish on the front trips and the back, OR18, holds the back of the board. The board swings around
    and I don't fight the board in. The OR18 holds the line fine, I use Mono.

Quote Originally Posted by fisher_i_am View Post
    All, I have been using the OR18 black snapper clip up front and the orange OR19 release in rear with the tatle flag.

I'm wondering the following.

1- although tatle flag is not needed on Erie I do use them but i feel the OR19 release slips too easily, what rear release do you run with an OR18 up front?

2- how many use the orange 19 up front such you can release it to allow the board to come in more easily?
    More than likely, it's the OR-18 that's allowing line slippage. Try tightening the tension just a bit...it's the screw that's on the bottom side of the release. It doesn't take much of a move to tighten it a bit.

The OR-19 (orange one) and the OR-16 (red one) have the same tension. The 16 just has a pin in the center of the pad that the 19 doesn't have.

If tightening it a bit doesn't solve your problem, then try putting the 18 on the back and the 19 on the front, like previously mentioned by PDnaz. I know several people that run them that way.

Me? I'm still using the 18 on the front and the 16 in the back. Is it the best way? Probably not...but, it works for me.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

I use same releases on my inline boards as Juls.The line doesn't come out of release and I have to skip board over water to get a board around an inside one.Works for me and rarely get tangles.

Even with the black lockers tightened up mine still slip on braid, I have to wrap it. I have even had a couple come off but once I got them back I noticed the pin in the locker clip didnt sit into the seat
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters