Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for a used big planer boards mast. Any information on height 3’ or 6’ brand

I’m looking into switching to a big board system. I have a 20’ crestliner and looking for info on the best height mast. And any tips on running them. A friend gave me a couple otter boards
    Last edited by NK-Jim; 02-26-2020 at 12:51 PM. Reason: posted before complete

Riviera trolling systems have a mast that extends up to approx 7', and different mounting bases available. I use in-line boards mainly, but I do own a Riviera mast and have had no problems with it. For me, big boards worked well with more lines out (chartering 10+ lines). But now with mainly just my wife and I, in-line boards are my choice. If using a mast, a taller mast to keep your board line higher, out of the water as much as possible worked best for me (to avoid waves whacking it constantly). I always made my own releases using gator clips, shower curtain hooks and rubber gasket pads, so I couldn't offer much on other releases. Get plenty of releases so you don't need to keep pulling in your big boards to retrieve them.

i have a big jon mast 6ft it has a extension to remove if you want it lower missing mount that goes on boat if your interested

Quote Originally Posted by NK-Jim View Post
    I’m looking into switching to a big board system. I have a 20’ crestliner and looking for info on the best height mast. And any tips on running them. A friend gave me a couple otter boards
    i have big jon 2 reel manual mast 2 regular planer boards &2 otters otters don't pull enough on big lake but are ok everything 300$

My email is [email protected]
    Could you send a couple pics, price and where you’re located.

j.perrine@nktelco. net
    Could you send pics and your location?

Thx for the info Ret.Capt

Quote Originally Posted by NK-Jim View Post
    I have a big Jon mast if your interested

Tim,
    Here’s my cell if you could text a pic and what you’re asking. 419-733-6057

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY JOE View Post
    i have a big jon mast 6ft it has a extension to remove if you want it lower missing mount that goes on boat if your interested
    My cell is 419-733-6057 if you want to text me a pic and your location and price. Thx Jim.