Rod holders Rod holders Rod holders Rod holders
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rod holders

Default Rod holders

Trying to decide which rod holders to put on my new Hewescraft Searunner. Would like to see some pics and recommendations from those who have been through the trial and error. Hoping to avoid a costly mistake. Most likely going to stick with my inline boards but am open to discussion for best options.
    Rod holders-59398c83-c1c4-4805-a143-9aca4511102c-jpgRod holders-f051e34f-efb8-47d8-9000-99ab8fdf2162-jpgRod holders-16624553-2764-404c-a063-2439aae2dc0e-jpg

First off beautiful boat, been looking at that style for awhile now, Hewescraft, Thunderjet, Kingfisher etc. Please post review of that rig in the future. As far as rod holders I would lay some long tracks down those nice gunnels and go with either ratcheting Berts( I use them) or Cannon dual axis. Also some trees and Downriggers can all fit in them tracks, it gives you alot of options. Personally I run High Seas quad trees and Berts ratcheting holders and have no complaints

Nice boat.I would put tracks on gunnels then you can decide on brand of rodholders you can afford.You could mount a tree rodholder furthest forward and severaj individual cradle or tube rodholders behind the tree.Could get 5-6 rods on each side with this set up.Cisco makes the best rodholders,and they are local.You could call them and answer any question or custom make whatever you want.Good luck.

Rod holders-1025acc2-e6bd-452e-9eba-0a1a079484e0-jpg

Decisions, decisions! I like the track idea. I have a guy who makes rod holders who can make me a pair of quad trees with quick plates out of heavy polished aluminum (not the thin junk) and all welded construction for $290 for the pair. He said he can make the holder tubes as deep as I want them. I’m thinking 12”...does that sound right. Also not sure how far apart I should space them. What are the standards? I’m thinking about a pair of these and I can always add singles to the track like you guys said.
    Last edited by Eyezcrazy; 02-26-2020 at 07:08 PM.

Just bought Cisco thriple tube gimbel mount rodholders for a buddy.Just measured the depth of tube.They are 9.5 inches deep.Like those quad tree tubes you have.As for spacing.If on track can move apart or closer depending on need.I would get two single tube rod holders in addition to the trees.Make sure the single tubes can tilt down to 90 degrees for dipsey fishing.

Hope this works. Capt Arnie Arrendendo out of Wisconsin has Cannon dual axis rod holders on supports for his hardtop similar to your arch. Use for your boards or turn them up for just rod holders running. Look at his or Cannons youtube for Cannon rod holders. Tried a link but no luck

0:25 / 1:42

Cannon Downriggers

1. ][/COLOR]

SUBSCRIBE

Pro Staffer Arnie Arredondo shows you some new tips and tricks for how to use Cannon’s Dual Axis Rod Holders. Learn how you can make the most of these versatile holders, which are fully adjustable to fit any situation and designed to make the rod easy

I would be careful with "polished" aluminum, you'll be polishing it as long as you own it. It will grey out (tarnish) and even start to turn hands and cloths grey rubbing against it. It should be anodized or clear coated for long term performance.

Here are tracks on my sea runner.Rod holders-resized_20190702_124030_7392-jpgRod holders-resized_20200228_134710_6918-jpgRod holders-resized_20200228_135015_7910-jpgRod holders-resized_20200228_135132_1058-jpg,

WW...thanks for the tip on the polished aluminum. If I do get those I will probably coat them.

Slack- I like those mounts on the side of the hardtop but mine being a rigid soft top will require a tree. I think I will go with tracks as well to add singles down the sides and stern as needed. So more importantly, tell me how you like your searunner! I think I’m going to love mine but you just never know about a new boat until you put some hours on it.

600 hrs since delivery Sept 2017. Would only sell to buy something significantly bigger. Trax and Cannon make rail mount versions of their holders for your arch sides. If you watch that you tube of Capt Arnie they work pretty slick. Went on charter with him 3 yrs ago and those rail mounted holders worked great with heavy coppers.