Rod holders Rod holders Rod holders Rod holders
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rod holders

Quote Originally Posted by slack57 View Post
    600 hrs since delivery Sept 2017. Would only sell to buy something significantly bigger. Trax and Cannon make rail mount versions of their holders for your arch sides. If you watch that you tube of Capt Arnie they work pretty slick. Went on charter with him 3 yrs ago and those rail mounted holders worked great with heavy coppers.
    I can’t seem to find that YouTube video. What is it called exactly?
    Also, what size is your Searunner that you would upgrade in size? Mine is the 210 with extended transom. 23’ overall. What engine are you running and how do you like the power performance?

210 Searunner 225 Honda 9.9 powerthrust Honda kicker with 36 volt XI-5 on the bow.
    Cannon - Maximize Your Spread with Dual Axis Rod Holders | Facebook. Goggle Capt Arnie Arrendendo Cannon rod holders if above link doesn't work.

I think cannon makes the best holder for trolling divers. but I like the single axis as I can make small adjustments left or right. I was going to the traxstech ratcheting holder because it has 17 up and down adjustments starting below level. but the cannon can be set down with just 1 hand while the other hand has a rod in it. the traxstech would be my choice over all the other ratcheting holders out there. they all require both hands to lower them except the cannon. just grab the holder with 1 hand a squeeze to lower. then they all ratchet up with 1 hand. the traxstech is probably cost the most but 17 adjustments up and down puts them way ahead of bert's.

get a track as long as you can use to start with. I started with 24" but it just wasnt long enough to run 3 lite bite divers from. so I added another 24" track. now I run my 3 divers per side and a net holder in my tracks. if you plan to run riggers off the backs you need to bolt them on with a backing plate or at least use fender washers. you could get by with bolting the back and using screws in the front if needed. I just have my tracks screwed on with ss screws on my glass boat. I lifted my 235 lbs up on 1 of the holders to make sure it would be ok for my holders. I did run a set of big jon riggers 1 trip I made to erie. but I tied the holders to the boat. and I was afraid all the time I used them. but everything worked out ok. no worse for the wear.

Just getting new to this website and attempting to respond to this thread so we'll see what happens. I have attempted to attach a few images of my 2008 Hewescraft Ocean pro 22' showing rod holders. Anyway if this works out I will add to my post.

Okay, a decent start, but looks like the images need a reduction. Anyway here is a couple more!

That's enough to get the idea about Traxstech rodholders. Been on my boat since brand new and never any problems. They need a solid track attachment to the top of the gunnels. I really love them but very expensive, something I questioned at the time, but was in the mood to spend money I did not have :O(

Hopefully this helps to some extent. I am out of the Fenwick Marina, been there since 1992. Good luck to you and take your time laying out everything before you drill one hole, know where "everything" is going to go!

Walleyehunter

Rod holders-img_5519-jpgRod holders-img_2702-jpg[ATTACH]Rod holders-0039-jpgRod holders-img_5548-jpg
    Last edited by boondocker7; 03-01-2020 at 05:00 PM.

I have read several posts on multiple sites about what rod holders people suggest and wonder why no one mentions Muddy Creek Tackle?? I had a buddy tell me about them. I live near Pittsburgh PA and made appointment with Muddy Creek Tackle to go check out their shop and products. They are awesome, all heavy duty and user friendly !! The owner gave me and a buddy a tour around and showed us all the products and how they are made. I honestly don't think I would buy anything else!! Their prices seem to be in line with all other brands if not cheaper for what you get. However I never bought a set because I don't own a boat and couldn't justify yet putting them on my father-in laws boat because what we have works so far, but I will buy eventually and they will be Muddy Creek Tackles rod holders!!

Any opinions?

Melvin

6. Default

Muddy Creek and Cisco all the way!!! In my opinion they are hands down the best you can buy and also both great companies to work with. I've had multiple conversations with both owners at different fishing shows and they are great guys! It's cool when your actually talking and dealing with the owners. Quality and costumer service is unbeatable. 2 best rod holders companies out there. I can't say enough good things about either of them. Call them up and they will set you up. You won't be disappointed. They will last as long as the boat!

Thanks everyone for all the reply’s. Sorry I’m slow responding but have been in the Caribbean this past week. I still have a lot to consider as it seems each system has its advantages.

Boondocker7 thanks for the pics and welcome to walleye.com. You’ll find a lot of good people here. I like the idea of the trees with individual holders down the tracks. I really like the setup Jules has on her boat with the variable height individual cradle holders but can’t seem to find them anywhere. I probably won’t like the price much though. i need to do something pretty fast though because I should be fishing already!

the cradle holders are cisco rod holders I have two they are awesome
    jeff

Thank you to everyone who gave opinions and posted pics. I bit the bullet and purchased the Cisco fishing track system. 2x 4’ tracks, 2x 3holder trees for the forward, 4 x fully adjustable tube holders, 2 each side mid and 2x short cradle holders for each end for running Dipseys. The price was painful but then again so was the price of the boat.�� I do believe these will last me the rest of my fishing days.
    Last edited by Eyezcrazy; 03-14-2020 at 07:48 PM.

Great choice.You will not be disappointed with the Cisco system and the setup you picked.The tree and the two singles on each side will let you do everything trolling and has the best adjustments.