the itch is bad the itch is bad the itch is bad the itch is bad

Thread: the itch is bad

Default the itch is bad

cant' wait any longer and have a window to go sat sun and mon. Wind looks good for sun and mon and a small bit warmer. satellite looks a bit muddy.

any input is appreciated if I should make the 6 hour drive.

Wind Forcast for Monday looks great and most the ramps should be ice free by then too.

Looks like the launch could go early for this dog. Very thin ice in the marina, so soon, very soon. As far as the itch, I have no cure, except a nice walleye hog on my Jiggy Pole. Until them , scratch it ~!

Fished out of Muzuriks

16. Two shirt of our limit

Hey waterdog,read your perch posts and felt for the perch fishermen last year.Hope you guys have much better perch fishing this year.Guess it couldn't be worse?

thought I'd finish this thread out by sharing our results the last Sat, Sun and Mon am.

Fished Sat got out about noon, this was planned due to the wind and temp forecast. Also a bit of a delay as the conservation police were doing safety checks and I needed to go get flares that were not expired and an anchor. The officers were helpful and kind. Got the sticker for the boat showing I already passed, this helped as sunday the ramp was very busy and they did not even stop to ask. Saturday we finished with 16, biggest was 28" with most others in low to mid 20"s, fat fish!

Sun we got out a little earlier about 7:30 or so I guess, we got 10 before 11 where we had to run back to drop one of my buddys off where he took 6 fish with and went back out with my other buddy. The wind on Sunday I felt was worse than saturday but was warmer. With the Wind we found some fishable water just south of kellys near the ferry route and did really well more before leaving at 3:00. We released several fish and left with our 12.

Monday, wind was very good and fished the north side of the south gap and caught our 12 and left to go home by 11:00.

Overall it was a good choice to make the drive and mother nature cooperated. Most fish were on bandits deep, no real super tankers but a lot of meat for the table.

Good job getting out and getting your fish.Thanks for the report.

It’s hard to beat that report for February fishing! Glad it came together for you!

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
    Looks like the launch could go early for this dog. Very thin ice in the marina, so soon, very soon. As far as the itch, I have no cure, except a nice walleye hog on my Jiggy Pole. Until them , scratch it ~!
    Good to hear from Waterdog! Yes, for sure you can count on a very early launch. And probably balmy seas and clear water all spring. Thank LEfriend.

I scheduled back surgery first week of January to be sure to be healed for spring. A little plain ole diarrhea the very day before, they postponed it, and before I knew it I was going back to 4 different doctors and a CT scan, a brain mri, and a colonoscopy before they would re-certify me. That scheduling process consumed 2 months and finally I had the back surgery yesterday.

Now I am looking at stuck in house with the Missus, not being allowed to drive or lift over 2 pounds, for 3 weeks, then therapy after that. So I will probably be stuck here going stark raving mad, listening to you all slaughter em.

I may have to beg for some open seats when I am cleared because sure won't have my boat ready.

Default Scratching your itch...

Quote Originally Posted by fisher_i_am View Post
    cant' wait any longer and have a window to go sat sun and mon. Wind looks good for sun and mon and a small bit warmer. satellite looks a bit muddy.

any input is appreciated if I should make the 6 hour drive.
    Fisher,
    Hit Erie out of Mazuriks last Thursday.
    Trolled NW of Kelly’s Island, 37’ of water, 125 back no weight,
    Bandit chrome blue, wonderbread (black head), viral perch colors. Speed .80-1.2 mph.
    Ended up with 10 walleye, biggest 6 lbs, three 5 lbs. rest 20-23” fat eaters.
    Waiting for weather conditions to improve for next trip.
    Nice seeing those rods bounce after a long winter!
    Good fishing, Herk
    Lund 1875 Sport Tyee
    Mercury Pro XS 150 4/stroke
    9.9 Pro Mercury kicker
    IPilot Ulterra 112
    Vessel View 703; Lowrance HD