This Weekend 3/14-15/09 This Weekend 3/14-15/09 This Weekend 3/14-15/09 This Weekend 3/14-15/09
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default This Weekend 3/14-15/09

Hello All,

I was wondering if the lake will be fishable by this wekend. I am wanting to go out of fenwick and hit the reef areas as soon as the lake allows. We got very little rain in Southern Ohio. I know the western basin area has alot of rain this past week. Thanks in advance for any info!

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing off wild wings

Jiginitis stays very current with the lake conditions and what's happening on the fishing scene. Just keep an eye on his reports. You can also get info from Happy Hooker bait shop site.

fbcoachfisherman Guest

The entire W. Basin is a mud pit and garbage bin after all the rain. The Maumee is as high as it has been for this time of year in many years. I would not think this weekend would be a good choice. The mud will be very thick and I would guess there will be floating debris. Not only has it rained a ton, the winds have been high. I live near the lake, it lucks ugly right now. The lake is still very cold and it will be slow to settle. The river is about to crest, so slowly there will be relief.

mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default I second FB Coach

I'm not going out. It will be a mess. Go to NOAA and look at the satelite photo for the mud line. YUK!

fbcoachfisherman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jiginitis69 View Post
    I'm not going out. It will be a mess. Go to NOAA and look at the satelite photo for the mud line. YUK!
    Mudline? That is one big line, it is all one line. Little more patience.

WalleyeHunter18 Guest

Default NOAA satellite

Could you post a link to the NOAA satellite image? I'm interested in seeing this mudline. I'm assuming the muddy waters really slow down the walleye bite. Anyone with more info on what to look for on water clarity and how long the lake typically takes to settle. Looking to go out in the Maumee bay area early April with a few buddies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WalleyeHunter18 View Post
    Could you post a link to the NOAA satellite image? I'm interested in seeing this mudline. I'm assuming the muddy waters really slow down the walleye bite. Anyone with more info on what to look for on water clarity and how long the lake typically takes to settle. Looking to go out in the Maumee bay area early April with a few buddies.
    http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/region_map.html

fbcoachfisherman Guest

Newest photo shows the lake better off than I thought, but is still pretty bad. The reefs clean up first. Might be better fishable mid to late next week. The weather here is suppose to stablize a little bit for the next few days. The water is so cold it does take more time for it to settle and clean up. (dense water)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I know guys, its getting close and everybody's getting excited.still a little early. Lets get the campers and boats ready first, there will be plenty of good fishing in a couple weeks.. coming up this weekend with camper, maybe a little crappie fishing in the marinas. Wallys in 2 weeks...........