Fishing with Chris and Kelly Literski 11/29/19 Fishing with Chris and Kelly Literski 11/29/19 Fishing with Chris and Kelly Literski 11/29/19 Fishing with Chris and Kelly Literski 11/29/19

Default Fishing with Chris and Kelly Literski 11/29/19

Chris and Kelly drove a little over 2 hours this morning, coming in from MI, and met me at the house at 6:50am. We headed over to Anchor's Away to pick up the Ranger, and then on to Mazurik's where we launched at 7:30.

I figured the water would be dirty over by Starve Island after the NW winds yesterday, where I had been fishing the past two outings, so I headed to the east side of Kelly's this time. I wasn't marking the fish like I had hoped, so I kept going north along the outside edge of Airport Reef and up to the southeast side of Kelly Island Shoal. The Helix lit up with some good marks in between the two spots, so we set up and started trolling NW.

Bandits were run at anywhere from 65 to 120 back unassisted, and 50/50 with a 2oz Guppie weight...at 1.5-1.8mph. The marks on the Helix ran out pretty fast going that direction, so we made a turn to go back to the SE, and ran across them again. We picked up a little walleye on the 50/50 rig sporting a Red Head Bandit.
    Then....nothing.

As we maneuvered around the area of Airport Reef...staying in 40-43' of water...we picked up a fish here and there. It was not a fast bite today for us, and we only ended up with 17 fish in the box, with the biggest being a fat 25 incher. Our best two colors were "Wild Child" (see pic) and "Halloween".

It was a decent day to be on the water today...light north wind with waves 1 foot or less, cloudy skies, and an air temp in the mid to high 30's. The sun popped out once, and it felt like it warmed up 10 degrees, but that was short lived when it disappeared behind the clouds again. The water temp was 40 degrees.

I have canceled the next three scheduled charters due to the wind forecast and temps. Good luck to those die hards looking to win a boat or big cash this weekend....please don't push the limits, and stay safe. No amount of money can replace you amongst your family and friends.

My next scheduled trip is next Saturday....

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Chris and Kelly Literski 11/29/19-chris-kelly-11_29_19f-jpg Fishing with Chris and Kelly Literski 11/29/19-chris-kelly-11_29_19g-jpg Fishing with Chris and Kelly Literski 11/29/19-chris-kelly-11_29_19h-jpg Fishing with Chris and Kelly Literski 11/29/19-chris-kelly-11_29_19l-jpg Fishing with Chris and Kelly Literski 11/29/19-chris-kelly-11_29_19j-jpg 
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 11-29-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Thanks Juls, like your posts!

Juls,you were correct to assume where you fished Tuesdays,would be too dirty.We also fished Friday.I had become texting buddies with the pimplepounder on this site,and he was nice enough to take me out with him on his boat.I met Kent at Mazuricks Friday morning and headed to south side of Starve island.We could barely see the cavitation plate but there were good marks,unfortunately stacked near the bottom.We set out a spread of bandits and after about 75min with no action pulled em and headed toward north edge of kellies.Saw a few boats working kellies island shoal so set up there and headed along north edge of reef.Caught one fish there,but when went back over area where we caught it,nothing.Decided to head south.While headed south,saw small pack working north side kellies.Decided to join them.The water clarity was about 3ft.Back at kellies isl reef was about 5ft.We ended up only catching 3 fish on the north edge of kellies.All four fish we caught was on a huff daddy bandit with 20,2oz,60 more lead.Did not see another net go on the boats we could see close to us all day.Looks like the best bite was east of kellies.Unfortunately,we did not reach that area.Was a nice day,with light north winds and cloudy.Enjoyed Kent's company and found out a lot about each other lives and interests.We do both love to fish and hunt deer.Maybe we still might get out again before the lake freezes us out.And,hopefully catch a lot better.