Bay trolling reports Bay trolling reports Bay trolling reports Bay trolling reports
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Per the "lock jaw" comment in Huron area, I fished here today and saw active fish all day long, and several hours tonight, but it was a grind. With night not producing at all! Largest was 26", 7lbs.

Default Great Thread...questions

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    You and almost every other of the hundred plus boats in the area. Sounds like they all had lock jaw
    I have desire to do this coming from the South Bend Indiana area...never been or done before. I see 35' of water but how deep in 35' of water are the fish stacking? Thanks everyone.

I didn't catch many, nor do I regularly fish this area. That said, I believe most action was with lures in the 20' range. A bandit for example being 100' back from the board. With the slow bite yesterday, I had them scattered from 15' to 30' during the afternoon while also going very slow. It looked like other boats were basically drifting west to east at a speed of 1mph. I don't night fish, but in my attempt I switched to P10s and tried moving in closer to shore, but didn't see the marks or the bait. I noticed a lot of people on the pier/shore though as you'd expect on a calm night I guess. During the day there were areas with few marks, but as I've tried to indicate in the attached picture most of the day it looked like this - or even many, many more marks. Highlighted spots had many marks.

Bay trolling reports-img_1298-jpgBay trolling reports-img_1286-jpg