Trick or Treat???? Trick or Treat???? Trick or Treat???? Trick or Treat????

Default Trick or Treat????

Had four days off last week and they were all too windy to fish so when my day off on Halloween was approaching was watching windsurf almost every 4hrs.Saw a big blow coming but Forcast kept changing.There looked like a small window in the morning.The plan was to get out early catch our fish and get back before the wind picked up.We got to boat just as getting light but was raining.Got the gear ready and motored thru some early fog to the east side of kellies.There were some residual 3ft rollers coming in from NE as expected,but manageable.Found some good marks 2miles east of kellies and set out lines by 9am.Put out 4 bandits @ 40,60,80 and 100.Colors pooh bear purple,black head wonderbread,RC crush and blue chrome.We got one pull back on our 100 lead so I changed one bandit to 120.Made a turn to see if help catch a fish and nothing.Couple S turns and change speed did nothing.Not a boat in sight and nothing on channel 79.About 45min in was about to put a sinker on a line when Jerry said think we should call it quits???? His neck was starting to hurt from the rollers and trying to keep a course.So,I brought everything in and headed home without a fish.First time all season didn't catch at least half our fish.Think we would have eventually figured them out but the clock was ticking.We did not see a single boat fishing the whole time.Guess we were the only dummies to try and fish today.Looks like boat going into storage so looks like end of our season.Did bring a bag of fish with us and had a Jolly Roger walleye meal when got home.Happy Halloween!!!💀

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Yep, when you don't see any other boats or any activity for that matter, you know you should have stayed home.

Boat comes out on Monday. A little concerned about the outboard motor freezing. I think it should be OK as it's in the water and the temps aren't supposed to get below 33-34 degrees for any length of time. Still, the high winds, water level drop, and air temps don't do much for piece of mind. We'll see come Saturday afternoon. After looking at the October 28 Modis Satellite I think the season is over except for the real die hards. Shore casting for walleye should start in a few weeks.

Really isn't anything on a outboard to "freeze up " , except maybe a water logged lower unit. And that won't happen if the lower unit is in the water.

Nah if you have an outboard buckle up and go fish, most drain out when the motor lowered down.........if worried run a gal through the motor, it's only a couple bucks a trip...........antifreeze is only like 2.50 a gallon at Walmart or menards. This is what I do to both my main and kicker after very late season trips.

Water temps are still mid 40s in most marinas, long way to go b4 freeze.
    Last edited by branhamautomotive; 11-01-2019 at 08:26 PM. Reason: typo
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

New to lake erie walleye fishing. I always appreciate the good reports and help on this site. I was just a little south of your location on 10/29 in the afternoon. 43 fow and ticket was 2.3 to 2.5 mph with smithwick 20's in pink lemonade 50/70. Tried several other colors and combos with no luck from 10' down to 35' down.

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    Nah if you have an outboard buckle up and go fish, most drain out when the motor lowered down.........if worried run a gal through the motor, it's only a couple bucks a trip...........antifreeze is only like 2.50 a gallon at Walmart or menards. This is what I do to both my main and kicker after very late season trips.

Water temps are still mid 40s in most marinas, long way to go b4 freeze.
    How do you run the anti-freeze through the motor.? Take the thermostat out and pour in.? Please explain.

I dont pull the stats out of mine, it takes hrs to do that on mine........I warm it up on the muffs, stop the water flow and give it a chance to back drain water. Then I use a pump and run it back through the.muffs.

It only takes a minute. I have a 5 gal bucket, 12 bolt pump, the motor is normally warm when you pull it off the water and load it, just pull up to spot and pump a few gals through. Its non toxic so it's safe and most of it ends up draining back out anyways but makes me feel better.
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters