East of Kelleys - quick action East of Kelleys - quick action East of Kelleys - quick action East of Kelleys - quick action

Default East of Kelleys - quick action

Fished 10/29 within ~1/2 mile east of Kelleys. Cluster of boats were anchored. Bandits with combinations of white saw the most action - one may be called "fruit dots" (I'm bad with the names), dark purple adding some too. 100' back unassisted being the best, but 150' and 50/50 (2oz weight) also caught. Marks were in the 30-35' range, but everything was caught around 20'. Speed around 2.5mph. Also netted some to complete the 2 person limit by trolling past the southern trip of Kelleys Shoal. Back in and cleaned the fish (18-22") within 4 hours, home and fried for dinner.

I will be leaving my boat in through November this year. I have never attempted much late fall fishing. I also live almost 2 hours away. So the forum has been helpful over the years to become educated, as well as just figuring it out. With that said I'll probably only have 1-2 days out before closing it up and really want one of these large fish everyone talks about! With this brawl contest going on I sense the forum collaboration may die down, but I'm going to give this a shot...My general question is in late fall - heading out of Catawba - do the same general "hot spots" remain such and hold these trophy size walleye? Or is there a sudden shift in location? I probably wouldn't head further east than Vermilion. Only other question being, at what point would night fishing produce different size fish (not quantity) and does that change location? I tried to go back in the forum over previous years - after the fall brawl is over - to see if this type of info exists, but no luck!

Thanks.

Thanks for the report.Good job on catching your limit.If you have been reading Juls reports,she too has been using the white color bandits to catch her fish.With the Brawl going on,there will be less reporting by some people.As for trying to catch a fish ohio(FO) walleye,they will tend to move east as the colder weather settles in.These older fish tend to stage off the huron area until feb,march and then move further west to the reefs or rivers to spawn.You can catch a FO right where you caught them yesterday.Sorry,but have never night fished.Will need someone else to help you with that info.