Perch Perch Perch Perch

Thread: Perch

Default Perch

We went to the gravel pit yesterday and got another 60 nice fish 8 to 11in did some sorting and lots a nice 20in walleye at the boat nice day.

Where is the gravel pit? We went out the channel, 1 bouy past Harbor light and just south on the snail beds. Started fishing at 9:30 and immediately started catching keepers. Didn't last long. Did land a 13"er and brought in a 20" eye. 25 throw backs and ended with 14 keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett2037 View Post
    Where is the gravel pit? We went out the channel, 1 bouy past Harbor light and just south on the snail beds. Started fishing at 9:30 and immediately started catching keepers. Didn't last long. Did land a 13"er and brought in a 20" eye. 25 throw backs and ended with 14 keepers.
    We fished the gravel pit Sat and Sun, and didn't kill them either day. Yesterday (Sunday) we were all over from the intake, gravel pit, turnaround buoy, "A" can... 5 lines in the water (Most novice fishermen and kids) and only ended up with 15 keepers. Some nice sizes though.

Here's a little help on the gravel pit. It's almost right between the harbor light and West sister. On this map, it's the White area to the left of the words "Gravel Pit". Years ago, this was the goto place for perch. It's been slow for the last 5 years or so for us, but seems to be picking up this year.

Perch-erie-walleye-falling-jig-minnow-jpg
    2003 Wellcraft Coastal 270

Most fish come on buck shot spoon and a single hook lay it on the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
    Most fish come on buck shot spoon and a single hook lay it on the bottom

I've used weighted spoons in past years, but never a buckshot spoon. Are you tipping it with a minnow? What size and color seems to produce?

i like the idea of the rattle... I'll have to pick some up before we go out again!
    Last edited by sloch24; 10-21-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    2003 Wellcraft Coastal 270

Thanks for the info. I do remember seeing one lone boat out that way on Saturday. Wanted to make a run out there, but had to head in at 1:00.

It was probably us we was in a 18 foot bayliner

I take of the treble and put on a perch hook and tip it with a minnow

Thanks Ronald. It probably was. My last trip will be Saturday...in my boat anyhow. Got to pull by Nov 1st. I'll probably start at the same spot...snail beds and go from there. Hope they are biting!