Question for the Charter Captions Question for the Charter Captions Question for the Charter Captions Question for the Charter Captions

Default Question for the Charter Captions

When in the fall brawl how do you split the money up if the winning fish comes from your boat? Does the boat get a certain percentage then everything else gets split evenly? Thanks Randy

Im sure this is something that will get different answers. It's something to ask and be clear in b4 the trip. I can see it going both ways and can understand both trains of thought
    Last edited by branhamautomotive; 10-03-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

I am running fall brawl charters and i get the charter fee. If the crew is together i let them decide what they are doing with regards to winnings. If it is a walk on whoever reels it in it is their fish. This keeps it clean and simple. Call me to book your trip.
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

I have asked other charters the same question.Some charters have told me they take a share if they catch a money fish.The reason,they told me was that they are using more rods that the captain and first mate are entitled to.Will be interesting what those charters do when we go to 3 rods per person next year.

The 3 rods rule might help when catch rates are slow, will allow us to try more things. But when the fish are flying in we can't keep up with 12, 14, 16 rods so adding more rods just isn't going to happen some of the times
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

Not to get off the original thread, but just curious about the number of rods used. Does any captains run with 2 mates? I would run 2 mates at times (MDNR licensed for 2 mates), depending on the trip I had going that day. At that time Mi & OH limit had jumped up from 5 in OH & 6 in MI to a 10 each limit in both states. Now I'm retired and usually only fish with 1 or 2 others in the boat, and the 3 rod limit in MI has worked out well.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    I have asked other charters the same question.Some charters have told me they take a share if they catch a money fish.The reason,they told me was that they are using more rods that the captain and first mate are entitled to.Will be interesting what those charters do when we go to 3 rods per person next year.
    I have not seen this, so Ohio is going to 3 rods next year?

I think that is what I have read,that going to 3 rods per person in 2020.I know the restriction of 4 fish per person in March and April is gone now and will be 6 fish per person all year.

Does that mean the guys in the rivers will be allowed 6 walleye in March and April too?

I believe the 6 walleye in march and April would include rivers flowing into Erie.But I could be wrong on that.