Fall fishing reef area? Fall fishing reef area? Fall fishing reef area? Fall fishing reef area?

Default Fall fishing reef area?

I've fished the reef area in the spring. Wondering what the method/routine is for walleyes in the fall? I prefer jigging/ casting but will do what it takes. I have some time off in November. Weather permitting what is happening in november?

We often cast for walleye on the reefs in the fall.We usually start catching them in mid September through October.Our boat is put in storage beginning of November,so I have not casted on the rocks in November before.But,have heard that some still do well in that month.We only use mayfly rigs/weapons to cast for our fish.We do not use jigs or heard of others using them in the fall.We were able to cast up a 12 fish limit last Friday on a reef,so that bite is heating up as the water cools.Let us know how your November fishing goes.

Nice can you at least say if you were in the western basin. You don't have to give your secret location.

Yes,we were casting on a reef in the western basin last week.There are not a lot of shallow,rocky areas in the central or eastern part of lake unless you were casting near the shoreline.Was hoping to get out this weekend but the wind doesn't look like will let us get out.

Bob, I was all ready to go for Friday but the weather lady was right dog gone it.. So I went back to bed.. I even put myself together a handful of double hooked weapons like we chatted about. Not sure on the Sunday report. May end up being next Friday.. Or will I be seeing a big whitetail this weekend? Oh the problems we have to contend with I tell ya.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

The areas we target casting in Sept and October are right next to deep water and near areas where fish are being caught by trollers.The fish are also moving west as the water cools.We also have Canadian licences.Reefs we have targeted and caught in the past are winter,mill point,chickinole,king George,gull,kellies island and starve island.You can also catch on east side kellies and Pelee.