Awesome fishing today with a southern Ohio crew Awesome fishing today with a southern Ohio crew Awesome fishing today with a southern Ohio crew Awesome fishing today with a southern Ohio crew

Default Awesome fishing today with a southern Ohio crew

What a great day on Lake Erie. Left Mazurik at 7 am and headed northeast to the Canada line between the shoal and the weather buoy and was setting lines by 7:30. A little slower start this morning as I was expecting sun and we never did see it today. Had to change up the bandits color to more natural darker presentations. Then it was game on with a very nice grade of fish today. The big fish was a 10 lb 29.5” fish ohio. With a lot of 22 to 24” solid fish. We boxed a four man limit with me reeling in 6 today as well. The 10 lb walleye was the old timers lifetime big fish after 25 years of fishing on Erie so it is going on his wall. The two young fellas have never fished Erie before so what a great trip for them. Had an absolute blast getting the fish for this crew. Bandits 50/130 to 50/180 a little slower 2.0 to 2.25 today. Got a few on dipsy with bad Mo spoons. Don’t be afraid to switch up the colors and baits sometimes it makes all the difference.
    Awesome fishing today with a southern Ohio crew-b3d55885-7ae1-41a8-9961-d45d5e4a860f-jpgAwesome fishing today with a southern Ohio crew-fdf8c5b1-29fd-4aa6-b5e8-54e6631966de-jpgAwesome fishing today with a southern Ohio crew-aa9febfe-a5bb-4363-b150-8e7e8b4a4d28-jpg
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

Great report Capt Sam!
    what size weight were you using?

i am using a 2 oz.
    [email protected]
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.

Does the 50/130 mean you let out 50 feet of line, attach 2 oz. weight, then let out another 130 feet for a total of 180 feet out? Thanks for the report.

Good job Capt Sam on getting most those nice fish on cranks.Was thinking of my bandits that would qualify as darker natural colors.I was thinking khaki,perch and pooh bear purple.Was that the colors you were using,or something else? As for question Patsea asked about your leads,his 50/130 I would think was 50ft,then 2oz weight and 80ft more for a total of 130ft.

yes on the colors that would be natural, khaki and dark purples nothing chrome or flashy when there is no sun, and Bob has it correct 130 total.
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Good job Capt Sam on getting most those nice fish on cranks.Was thinking of my bandits that would qualify as darker natural colors.I was thinking khaki,perch and pooh bear purple.Was that the colors you were using,or something else? As for question Patsea asked about your leads,his 50/130 I would think was 50ft,then 2oz weight and 80ft more for a total of 130ft.
    Thanks for the color and ft comments.