Fall Walleye - Reef Area Fall Walleye - Reef Area Fall Walleye - Reef Area Fall Walleye - Reef Area

Default Fall Walleye - Reef Area

We usually have the boat out by mid October but it looks like it's going to be a little later than usual this year. With that in mind, when does the walleye bite start to pick back up near the reefs? I want to get 1 or 2 more trips in this year and try to get my son on some eyes. Any tips would be appreciated. The boat can't be trailered further east so if that's the only option I may need to get the little boat out and hope for good weather.

We have traditionally started catching walleye casting on the rocks/reefs in middle of September.Like right now.We are hoping to get out this weekend and try casting.We tried casting August 30th for 3hrs and caught zippo.

Thanks for the reply. I went out labor day weekend last year and got nothing, I guess I was a couple of weeks early. I might try to get up next week if the weather is good but I will probably be trolling. I haven't had many chances to get up this year and need to get my fix before winter.

Good luck if you get out!