Off wards, A can B can, and horrible day. Off wards, A can B can, and horrible day. Off wards, A can B can, and horrible day. Off wards, A can B can, and horrible day.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

well what happened to our perch heard story's from the walleye ate them all to they are scattered due to being chased for walleye food to they are there not biting because they are full spiny water flies. to the water is to hot. the algae is making them leave due to lack of oxygen in the water they all went to deeper cooler water. minnow guy says this years hatch is huge and he sees small walleye eating shiners twice there size the shiners are there just cant catch them due to all the little walleye mixed in have to dump them back in seems to me our lake is having trouble due to algae, too many walleye, invasive species. captains are taking a beating motel business is down the bars are doing good more drinking not fishing. last year was a good year the last 2 weeks of july to the first 2 weeks in august in close limits were the norm then they quit again was told the spiny water flea hatched and they were full we did get limits late in october but they were out farther does anybody know why

Quote Originally Posted by rscotfish View Post
    well what happened to our perch heard story's from the walleye ate them all to they are scattered due to being chased for walleye food to they are there not biting because they are full spiny water flies. to the water is to hot. the algae is making them leave due to lack of oxygen in the water they all went to deeper cooler water. minnow guy says this years hatch is huge and he sees small walleye eating shiners twice there size the shiners are there just cant catch them due to all the little walleye mixed in have to dump them back in seems to me our lake is having trouble due to algae, too many walleye, invasive species. captains are taking a beating motel business is down the bars are doing good more drinking not fishing. last year was a good year the last 2 weeks of july to the first 2 weeks in august in close limits were the norm then they quit again was told the spiny water flea hatched and they were full we did get limits late in october but they were out farther does anybody know why
    I don't know what's going on west of the islands, but I'd guess warm water temp.
    Last edited by Prkr314; 09-04-2019 at 02:56 PM.

I am just thinking that everything is about a month late this year. All that Spring water influx. The walleye bite did not slow down hardly at all until just lately.

Those are my thoughts.

?
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

The swap from cranks to spoons was truly later year. Last year we ran spoon straight till we pulled the boats in October it never slowed down. I haven't been out in s month personally, but I know our captains are bringing in limits
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

some storys i here are very interesting i get told everybodys fish story just like a bartender hears everybody's problems. one story is a customer was in to buy erie dearies said he was casting on the cement steps and caught a steelhead 30 inches, next one i heard was a guy come in said he was catching small bluegill on wax worms in the marsh and he left one on under a bobber and bam a northern pike so he kept doing that ended day with 17 pike a couple big 8 pound bass a a chain pickerel so i asked whats a chain pickerel he said hang on so i was busy with customers and he came back in with a bucket he took out this fish and it looked like a pike to me so he pulled up a picture of a chain pickerel and sure enough that was it the markings look like a chain link he said he returned all the pike but kept the pickerel because it is delicious. next one a customer was fishing in the marsh said he had 2 slab crappie and 2 pike on his stringer said he heard splashing just thought his fish were flopping he caught another pike but when he went to put it on the stringer he pulled up to heads of the crappie the rest was eaten and the other pike had bites taken out of them. and all i could tell him was dont swim in there. have seen pics of big pike in there up to 40 inches and now ive been told that its full of these pike. heard perch was picken up east like cleveland and lorain dont know if its true. but if they dont turn on around here pretty soon im going pike fishing

Funniest **** I've heard all year... wish I heard you say all that in person 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣