Services for my 100yr old buddy and casting on the rocks Services for my 100yr old buddy and casting on the rocks Services for my 100yr old buddy and casting on the rocks Services for my 100yr old buddy and casting on the rocks

Default Services for my 100yr old buddy and casting on the rocks

We were going out Friday for the shake down cruise on his new boat.Had difficulty with new electronics as usual.Found out several days ago,my good buddy Emmitt Duffy passed and his services were also Friday.Emmitt lived on Marblehead,was a former fireman,an avid fisherman and had a grand party for him when he turned 100 this past February.We went to Emmitt's services at St Joseph church at 10am then got the electronics working and got out fishing around noon.Lake had laid down and got out to gull and made a couple passes over the reef.Only caught one sheep and a white bass.Off we went to chickinole and made several passes over the rocks there.Did land a 4lb bass and lost another after it jumped that was at least 5lbs.Jerry said it looked like it could of gone 6lbs.Water viability was around 3ft and temp was 74degrees.Bass were both in 12fow and caught on a hump/rock that came up to 10fow.Very few marks of fish or bait.Caught zero walleye and only ONE gobby!!!The rock bite traditionally heats up by mid Sept so we will see how the casting goes the next 2 months.

Sorry to hear about your buddy Bob.. I am trying to switch over to perch, but its has been tough. I.did manage to catch 9 East of Kellys 27 ft. at the point. All of them were very nice 12- 13.5. Managed to catch 1 walleye perchin about 20 inches. Waiting to hear your Labor Day report!