East of Kellies Sunday thru the Storms East of Kellies Sunday thru the Storms East of Kellies Sunday thru the Storms East of Kellies Sunday thru the Storms

Default East of Kellies Sunday thru the Storms

We trolled east of Kellies Sunday.Had a 50% chance of storms,but they kept coming through.Was supposed to be at my buddies place 6:30am but was greated with thunder instead of my alarm at 530.Looked at radar and decided to wait till 8am to meet.We headed east on the south side of kellies and continued pretty much due east from there about 6miles.Had 4 people and used 6 rods.Set up four dipseys with 3 stinger spoons and one spoon harness.The dipsies caught 3@90 lead and 1@60 and 70lead.The other two rods used inline boards and thanks to captain Sam Porkchop set them on his post from last week.Used blue chrome bandits on both line and set them 50ft-2oz-100ft-board for total of 150lead.We fished from 930 till 330 and caught 23 fish that weight 53lbs.We also caught 2 nice yellow perch,15 white bass and couple white perch,one sheep and 20 2018 walleye.We caught like 10 fish on the bandits and practically no junk.Those fish were also better size and included an 28" fish.We also fished thru a storm cell that came thru at noon that got us wet and puckered us up with one particularly close lightning strike that sounded like a rifle shot.After a half hour of idling into the waves with gear out fished till 330 when another cell was coming through again.We pulled gear and ran south enough to miss it thanks to the radar on our phones.We the headed home and got back just as another cell was coming through.Was a lot of fun catching all those fish.Had a couple rookies to show how to run some of the gear,but the lady that reeled in the fish ohio was really excited to get such a nice fish.Not many boats out Sunday.Probably smarter than us.Been a long time since we fished through a storm but lucked through it ok.

Bob, i think we crossed paths with you guys near the SE corner of Kellys. We were on our way out towards the line but after seeing a handful of boats traveling due East, we decided to follow suit and travel East towards the pack of boats. We caught some fish in that area but sounds like you guys did better. I was surprised how many boats kept on fishing despite the impending storms. Seemed like we were the only boat making a beeline to the north and west to get out of harm's way. This might be a stupid question, but if your boat gets struck by lightning, are you safe as long as you're not touching any metal?

I do remember two boats running together heading east with us.Could have been you.If you or your boat gets struck by lightning you can have more severe injuries or death if touching metal.But a lightning strike hitting boat could fry all your electronics and the people on it too.We took a chance riding through that cell at noon.