planer board purchase planer board purchase planer board purchase planer board purchase

Default planer board purchase

I currently am using a planner board mast system with large boards but considering a purchase of boards that hook directly to your fishing line. I've looked at numerous brands but was hoping someone out there could recommend the best boards for the price. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

[QUOTE=verno;66714]I currently am using a planner board mast system with large boards but considering a purchase of boards that hook directly to your fishing line. I've looked at numerous brands but was hoping someone out there could recommend the best boards for the price. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated![/QUOTE
    Search the archives and you can read for hours - it's a Ford vs Chevy thing. Both work well but are different. We use the Church orange boards - like the snap and the pin release in the back vs two snaps. Personally, I never could figure out how Offshore gets away with charging a lot more for their boards and in many cases requiring a snap upgrade to work right.

We use the offshore inline board system with the tattle flag upgrade that goes down with a bite and the OR18 release.Never tried the church brand but from what I have seen fishing think most guys use the yellow offshore boards.

We use the Offshore with the upgrades and they work well, although they are a little expensive. A friend of mine brought another brand on my boat and we tried them. They didn't work near as well as my Offshore boards.

I ran the big boards for many years, then switched over to the offshore boards. It takes a little practice after switching, but I stayed with the mono line and release the front clip as you would the small releases on the big boards. Works well for me.

Thanks everyone for your help.

If you have a chance give the Sidewinder planer boards a spin. Go to YouTube and look up the offshore release mod. I've done this and totally love these boards. The big plus for me is that your line runs through the center of the board so there is no board to take off, it just slides down to a swivel about six feet above your lure. The boards also track out on a 45° angle so there are virtually no tangles and when the fish is hooked you just reel it right up the chute. Also at 17 bucks a piece ( plus offshore release if you mod them ) they won't break the bank. Oh and they can be used on either side, you just rotate the bill, so no dedicated lefts and rights to figure out.
    I won't use any other board.