Fishing with Bob, Alex, and Tim 8/17/19 Fishing with Bob, Alex, and Tim 8/17/19 Fishing with Bob, Alex, and Tim 8/17/19 Fishing with Bob, Alex, and Tim 8/17/19

Default Fishing with Bob, Alex, and Tim 8/17/19

Today's trip was actually paid for last year by Bob's Dad, and Stepmother, but he couldn't catch a break in the weather for the dates he had chosen, so we moved it to this year, and we were finally able to make it out today.

Bob Best Jr, and his son, Alex, and Bob's friend, Tim, made the drive over from Toledo this morning and met me at my house at 6:30am. We piled in the Excursion and headed to the other side of town to pick up ice at Rickard's and head over to Mazurik's to launch.

We headed east, over in front of Cedar Point and pointed the boat NNE at a trolling speed of 2.3-2.5mph. The waves built as the morning went on and the further northeast we got, but it was never over 3 feet, and then by late morning the winds diminished, and it was 2 foot or less for the ride in.

We caught our 24 walleye limit and one bonus piggy perch using 4 dipsies and 4 Off Shore boards.

The outside dipsies started out on the 3 setting but eventually ended up on the 2 setting at 80 back. The zero setting was catching fish at the 52 and 60 settings. I ran two of the smaller silver hammered Bay Rat spoons that are painted 1/2 blue with a black eye on them on the outside dipsies and two blue/chrome Ripplin Redfins on the inside dipsies.

Two "Walleye Nation Creation" "Reapers" were run on the port side behind the OST boards at 100 back on the outside and 85 on the inside. I can't remember the names of these two colors I have, but one is purple and I would guess a name like "Electric Purple" or something like that, and the one that I would call Pink Bubblegum was the other. Someone will correct me on the names of colors, I'm sure, so look for that in the comments section. There is a pic of the purple one hanging out of a fishes mouth that Bob is holding.

Two Bay Rats were run behind the Off Shore boards at 125 back on the outside board, and 100 back on the inside board....
    Cheap Sunglasses and Purple/Chrome

Everything posted above caught fish today.

We got off the lake in plenty of time before the afternoon storms arrived, and I'm hoping I'll have the same luck tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'll be fishing with a new customer...John Duresky. I'm not sure if he's fishing alone or is bringing some friends along. I guess I'll know in the morning!

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Bob, Alex, and Tim 8/17/19-bob-alex-tim-8_17_19a-jpg Fishing with Bob, Alex, and Tim 8/17/19-bob-alex-tim-8_17_19b-jpg Fishing with Bob, Alex, and Tim 8/17/19-bob-alex-tim-8_17_19c-jpg Fishing with Bob, Alex, and Tim 8/17/19-bob-alex-tim-8_17_19e-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

can I ask why you changed the dipseys to the 2 setting

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman 2 View Post
    can I ask why you changed the dipseys to the 2 setting
    I am only running two dipsies per side, so when I saw that when I retrieved the 3 setting, that it was coming up kind of close to my inside Off Shore board when I didn't have a fish on it.... (because I didn't want to run the boards out too far), so I changed it to the two setting to ward off any potential tangles. Nothing more than that.
    [email protected]

Great report, how far of a boat ride would this be from put in bay state park launch would you guesstimate?

Quote Originally Posted by ttinman23 View Post
    Great report, how far of a boat ride would this be from put in bay state park launch would you guesstimate?
    14 miles as the crow flies...
    [email protected]

Good idea Juls on changing that dipsey to a 2 setting.That is exactly how we got a tangle yesterday.My 3 setting with 90 lead came up and tangled my inline board.What a mess.Had to cut.With a storm bearing down on us made it even worse.

Default Dipsy back ?

Question Captain Jules. The distance back on the dipsy, from rod tip or do you zero counter at water surface ? As always great reports !
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    Today's trip was actually paid for last year by Bob's Dad, and Stepmother, but he couldn't catch a break in the weather for the dates he had chosen, so we moved it to this year, and we were finally able to make it out today.

Bob Best Jr, and his son, Alex, and Bob's friend, Tim, made the drive over from Toledo this morning and met me at my house at 6:30am. We piled in the Excursion and headed to the other side of town to pick up ice at Rickard's and head over to Mazurik's to launch.

We headed east, over in front of Cedar Point and pointed the boat NNE at a trolling speed of 2.3-2.5mph. The waves built as the morning went on and the further northeast we got, but it was never over 3 feet, and then by late morning the winds diminished, and it was 2 foot or less for the ride in.

We caught our 24 walleye limit and one bonus piggy perch using 4 dipsies and 4 Off Shore boards.

The outside dipsies started out on the 3 setting but eventually ended up on the 2 setting at 80 back. The zero setting was catching fish at the 52 and 60 settings. I ran two of the smaller silver hammered Bay Rat spoons that are painted 1/2 blue with a black eye on them on the outside dipsies and two blue/chrome Ripplin Redfins on the inside dipsies.

Two "Walleye Nation Creation" "Reapers" were run on the port side behind the OST boards at 100 back on the outside and 85 on the inside. I can't remember the names of these two colors I have, but one is purple and I would guess a name like "Electric Purple" or something like that, and the one that I would call Pink Bubblegum was the other. Someone will correct me on the names of colors, I'm sure, so look for that in the comments section. There is a pic of the purple one hanging out of a fishes mouth that Bob is holding.

Two Bay Rats were run behind the Off Shore boards at 125 back on the outside board, and 100 back on the inside board....
    Cheap Sunglasses and Purple/Chrome

Everything posted above caught fish today.

We got off the lake in plenty of time before the afternoon storms arrived, and I'm hoping I'll have the same luck tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'll be fishing with a new customer...John Duresky. I'm not sure if he's fishing alone or is bringing some friends along. I guess I'll know in the morning!

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls

Quote Originally Posted by Barry1315 View Post
    Question Captain Jules. The distance back on the dipsy, from rod tip or do you zero counter at water surface ? As always great reports !
    From the rod tip. I have customers setting lines, so just getting them to put the clicker/tension on before dropping it in the water seems to be a task, so getting them to remember to zero the dipsey at the water's surface is asking WAY too much! lol
    You would laugh at some of the stuff that happens when you let customers set lines. But, hey, they eventually learn, and have more fun, and that's all that matters.
    [email protected]