30+ years ago as a young captain I quickly realized there was a slightly warm acceptance for walleye trolling from Michigan captains, and the farther east you went across the M/O line the cooler it got. I still catch myself watching out for the captain with the catamaran, lol. Most would give you the "good morning wave", although at times with only one finger, and radio fishing for trolling info usually ended with no response. So I started taking notes, what worked vs what didn't, and anything about weather conditions, water conditions, lure type, lure color, presentation, etc., etc., etc., anything that would help me for future trips. Over the years these notes were incredibly helpful, I kept those notes and still use them now. Most areas, baits, and colors still perform well now, and the storm thundersticks in metallic rainbow trout are still one of my best producers. So the next time out throw a pen and notepad in with your tackle and give it a try, they will work for you in the days, weeks and years to come.