Sunday with a great crew from Michigan for a birthday trip Sunday with a great crew from Michigan for a birthday trip Sunday with a great crew from Michigan for a birthday trip Sunday with a great crew from Michigan for a birthday trip

Default Sunday with a great crew from Michigan for a birthday trip

We launched at 7:30 and where setting lines east of Kelly's island along the border around 8 AM. We ran bandits back 85 to 100 blue chrome, we ran flicker minnows back 50/100 with 2 oz perch colors, we ran 40 jets with blue and white silver backed spoons and phantom dagger #7 back 80 to 100 and dipsy's set at 0 back 50. speed was 2.3 to 2.7 everything we ran caught fish. It was fish after fish with several big white bass that my customers wanted to keep and a 31" and 28" as our big fish. customers brought in their 4 man and my first mate (my son) reeled in his limit and i reeled in a couple for dinner too. I got them all filleted up and bagged for them and they had a great cooler of fish that should last into winter. Fantastic day on the lake with a happy birthday crew. We are all blessed to have such a great fishery to enjoy and things are looking great for our future walleye population. I have my second trip open for this coming Saturday if you are wanting a trip out for a cooler full of walleye give me a call 833-646-3474.
    Sunday with a great crew from Michigan for a birthday trip-8319-003-jpgSunday with a great crew from Michigan for a birthday trip-8319-004-jpg
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

Greta job Porkchop and happy Birthday. Cant wait til September fishin trip !!

Capt Sam,we fished same area Saturday and got a quick limit trolling spoons off our dipseys.We did not catch anything bigger than 20" though.Was wondering what lure you caght the two fish ohio on.My guess was it was a crank running fairly deep.Got a trip scheduled for this Friday.So hope to get out to that area by Canadian line East of Kellies.

one came on a spoon and dipsy back 70 on 0 setting the other on a phantom dagger behind a jet 40 back 100 so yes a little deeper not as many bites deeper but usually bigger fish. its a luxury when running 12 lines you can really spread it out and fish the entire column. That's why i like running off shore boards instead of big boards i can really mix it up and be effective. This customer wanted to try for some big fish so that's why i was running some deeper lines. If i was just trolling for eaters they would have all been running higher in the water and fish would have come faster but we where busy as it was. The fishing on the lake is just incredible a true gift that we are getting to enjoy this season. Sure hope there are more years like this to come.
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

Wow, congrats, great fishing trip