Fishing with Bruce and Nate Hezlep 8/5/19 Fishing with Bruce and Nate Hezlep 8/5/19 Fishing with Bruce and Nate Hezlep 8/5/19 Fishing with Bruce and Nate Hezlep 8/5/19

Default Fishing with Bruce and Nate Hezlep 8/5/19

I picked my crew up at a designated spot close to the condo they rented and a parking lot that my rig could easily maneuver in. They jumped in the old Excursion at 5:30 and we were off. We hit speedway to get some ice and to fill a trailer tire that looked low. As I went to get ice, Bruce and Nate got to work putting air in the suspect tire. When I came back, Bruce said, "That one was down to 14 pounds". "Are you kidding me?", I asked. "Well, I'm glad we checked it then", I said, shaking my head. "I'll take it over to my guys at "Tri-County" to get it checked out later.

We hit Mazurik's at 5:50 and headed NE out of there at 6am (navigation lights on, this time). The lake was flat, and the G2 hummed at 4500 RPM's, while we glided across the water in my sparkly red and white Ranger, towards a promising sunrise. It didn't take as long to get to the area I'm working, as it did the previous two days, so that was a good feeling to have this morning.

Same program as yesterday, but we did adjust a little as the morning progressed. We started with dipsies on the zero setting at 50 and 60 back, but eventually, those would go to 50 only. The Three Setting was at 85, but would also be sent down to 92 back by early to mid morning. The most active biters were at 28 foot, out where I was. We were done with a 3 man limit by 9am. We also had several throwbacks, which is always good to see. The 2018's are getting some meat on them now. They're still little shits, but they are growing....and, surviving.

Bruce and Nate said they had a great time, and were extremely happy with their catch this morning, and that makes me happy.

I am off tomorrow, which is probably a good thing, since they are calling for scattered showers and thunderstorms in the morning....good timing, I think. lol

I'll be back out Wednesday with a crew that is staying in Huron, so I'll be launching from Huron on Wednesday.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Bruce and Nate Hezlep 8/5/19-bruce-nate-hezlep-8_5_19a-jpg Fishing with Bruce and Nate Hezlep 8/5/19-bruce-nate-hezlep-8_5_19b-jpg Fishing with Bruce and Nate Hezlep 8/5/19-bruce-nate-hezlep-8_5_19d-jpg Fishing with Bruce and Nate Hezlep 8/5/19-bruce-nate-hezlep-8_5_19c-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters