Friday 26th report Friday 26th report Friday 26th report Friday 26th report

Default Friday 26th report

Hello Gang,

Showed up at Mazuriks at around 1:00 PM bounced my way East through all the traffic waves and once clear of Kelly's traffic, I had pretty smooth seas. Let the outboard have a good WOT run.

Around 5 miles East of Kelly's and close to the Maple Leaf I shut things down. Was marking fish all through the water column. Did a bit of casting and managed to catch a couple when I let my rig reach the bottom then worked it in. The water was very clear although there was traces of an algae bloom, some grass and weeds here and there. I noticed I could see these hooked fish when pulling them in way deep.

Set my self up to troll a bit because the sun was beating down and there was not much drift. Set up my usual with #2 Tadpoles and stinger spoons. This did not produce. I was marking a lot of fish deep 35 ft. - 44-ft. so I switched things up. I got out my specks and a #3 Tadpole will run right at 30 ft. with 50 ft. of lead. at under 2mph.

This was the ticket, about a 2 mph troll with these stingers I was on fish constantly. Listened to the radio and fished for 20 plus inchers. Got my ticket real easy.

(PS) --- Do not be afraid to use a 6 inch spoon I put one on for fun and it caught just as many as a 3 inch.

Was able to get home before dark.

A nice day to be on the water.

I'm ready to hit it again!

Kent
    Last edited by pimplepounder; 07-29-2019 at 10:06 AM. Reason: spelling error
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

Nice job Kent.My buddy tried fishing in that same area the day before and got skunked.Did not get any specific info on how they trolled,but would assume from your report,he was fishing too shallow.I will get more info this Saturday.We have a fishing trip planned.I guess I will have to give him a refresher course on trolling.

Good, I'm glad you can get out there.. I will have to watch the weather report.. Would like to hit it on Friday.