Casting Report Casting Report Casting Report Casting Report

Thread: Casting Report

Default Casting Report

Yes - still casting. A lot of people report only trolling information. It is easier to catch more fish this way but I prefer to feel the bite and set the hook. It is what I enjoy. I usually fish no more than 4 - 5 hours. Very rarely do I go east of Davis Bessie or West Sister.

Fishing has been excellent this year and continues. We have been doing good anywhere from 1 mile off shore all the way out to the end of the shipping channel. The fish are not in big schools and as we are drifting we hit pockets of active fish and put a couple in the box.

Sunday was one of those days. Started at the hump in front of Crane Creek and had a few in the box within the first hour. Perch were very busy playing thief with our bait. Made a 2 mile move out SW of West Sister. Made 2 long drifts and ended the day with 11 good size walleyes. We had several shorts and about 2 dozen sheephead along with 3 catfish.

Gold blades have been the choice most of the year with purple willow blades working on a few yesterday. The willow blades kept the perch from stealing our bait. Went through 9 dozen worms. Great day on the lake and a good box of fish.

Wow... 9 dozen worms! How many guys? Any size to the perch? Not good that they kept stealing your bait, but good that I am finally hearing someone talk about perch showing up. Thanks for the casting report. How was the algae?

4 guys. Caught more white perch than yellow perch. 75% of the white perch were no more than 5" long. The yellow perch were 8"+. Really nice looking fish. Almost no algae Sunday. That is why I was fishing this area - satellite showed this area cleaner than most areas west. Area 2 miles north of A can had several areas with good perch marks on the bottom. Not big groups but it is obvious that they are starting to school up.

Thanks for the report. All I see on here anymore are trolling reports. I also love to cast can’t beat catching fish with the pole in hand. I have a feeling we will be casting this end of the lake for a few more weeks.