Fishing with Mick and Kyle McMahon 7/26/19 Fishing with Mick and Kyle McMahon 7/26/19 Fishing with Mick and Kyle McMahon 7/26/19 Fishing with Mick and Kyle McMahon 7/26/19

Default Fishing with Mick and Kyle McMahon 7/26/19

I got to sleep in this morning. My crew wasn't expected to fly into Port Clinton until 8:30am, so I set the alarm for an extra hour and took advantage of some REM and weird dreams this early am.

I had already gassed up the Ranger the other day, when I canceled my trip, so I didn't have to make that usual stop this morning. I did have to stop at Rickard's though, because I needed lots of ice. The Wisconsin crew consisting of a Father and Son team had me pick up some groceries for them, and beer, for their trips today and tomorrow, so the extra cooler was going to need ice too. I thought I had enough, but it was melting fast in the afternoon heat....and, it got hot out there when the wind died around 1:00pm.

They caught their limit and only one of mine today. It was a slow bite, but close enough together to keep them interested and watching the dipsies for a telltale sign of fish. And, in between the walleye bites, they caught plenty of sheepshead, white perch, and white bass too.

Standard size 1 with the ring is what I use...in black. The three setting today was set at 65/70/75 and the zero setting was best at 60 back. Speed was 2.4-2.7mph. I have heard more than once today though that some were catching at even faster speeds...upwards of 3.0-3.5mph.

I tried the new 3 5/8" spoons sent to me by BS Kustom Lures (Steve Helmuth), and they worked well. You can see a picture of them on my biz page...just scroll down the wall. They outfished the Ripplin Redfins today, but a simple silver hammered "Michigan - Scorpion" spoon probably caught the most fish.

I will be launching early tomorrow, so I can pick them up from PIB in time for a sunrise on the lake. And, hopefully, the early bite will be better than it was after 10am. Well, either way, it will be cooler earlier and more comfortable....so, there's that.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Mick and Kyle McMahon 7/26/19-mick-kyle-mcmahon-7_26_19a-jpg Fishing with Mick and Kyle McMahon 7/26/19-mick-kyle-mcmahon-7_26_19b-jpg Fishing with Mick and Kyle McMahon 7/26/19-mick-kyle-mcmahon-7_26_19c-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Tell us where to go Juls!