Fishing Day 2 with Mike and Ben Roseland 7/10/19 Fishing Day 2 with Mike and Ben Roseland 7/10/19 Fishing Day 2 with Mike and Ben Roseland 7/10/19 Fishing Day 2 with Mike and Ben Roseland 7/10/19

Default Fishing Day 2 with Mike and Ben Roseland 7/10/19

Mike and Ben fished with me on Monday, and went to Cedar Point Amusement Park yesterday, and then fished with me again this morning. Monday's trip was delayed due to wind, so there was no blog. I got home too late to add it. We had gone out of Catawba on Monday and fished between the islands, just west of Green, and down to Catawba Point. The fishing was poor in my mind, but the father and son team said they enjoyed it. They didn't mind catching sheepshead, white perch, and white bass along with the walleye. We only kept 14 walleye that were anywhere from 15 1/2" to 18 inches for a total of 22 pounds.

This morning, we launched out of Mazurik's at 5:30 and headed back to where I was yesterday with the Sulcheki twins. It was the same as yesterday....a quick three person limit and non-stop action. How does that saying go? "Second verse same as the first...". It was the same program, same area, same speed, same line....everything.

However, one thing I did do after putting their fish in the cooler is put out a blue/chrome Rippling Redfin on one of the dipsies. It wasn't swimming more than 30 seconds before it got slammed by another walleye. I waited until it caught a second one in quick fashion before putting a couple more out. I added the chartreuse/purple head, and an IB Frozen colors and those two were catching right away too. The fish seemed to be a little larger on the cranks than on the spoons too, so I might just start out with two Ripplin's and two spoons on each side, and keep it simple. If the cranks produce the bigger fish again, then I will change them all out to Ripplin's.

They had a good time and decided to get off the lake before it got too hot, and head back to Chicago. They said they would be back again, and that makes me happy...

Tomorrow's charter is with John Zielinski and his brother (who's name I don't know yet). The forecast is calling for winds out of the west tomorrow, so that will be a nice change of pace from the ENE winds of late. I just hope we don't have any thunderstorms in the morning.

THURSDAY: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11am, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. West wind 7 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

I may or may not be able to make that run again, if there are storms a brewing near the Indiana/Ohio line, and will have to find some closer fish.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls

Attached Images Attached Images Fishing Day 2 with Mike and Ben Roseland 7/10/19-mike-ben-roseland-7_10_19a-jpg Fishing Day 2 with Mike and Ben Roseland 7/10/19-mike-ben-roseland-7_10_19c-jpg Fishing Day 2 with Mike and Ben Roseland 7/10/19-mike-ben-roseland-7_10_19f-jpg Fishing Day 2 with Mike and Ben Roseland 7/10/19-mike-ben-roseland-7_10_19b-jpg Fishing Day 2 with Mike and Ben Roseland 7/10/19-mike-ben-roseland-7_10_19g-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters