7/15 afternoon trip with a fathe rand son-in-law from Iowa 7/15 afternoon trip with a fathe rand son-in-law from Iowa 7/15 afternoon trip with a fathe rand son-in-law from Iowa 7/15 afternoon trip with a fathe rand son-in-law from Iowa

Default 7/15 afternoon trip with a fathe rand son-in-law from Iowa

We had a very Productive trip running out of Lorain this afternoon with a father and son-in-law from Iowa. We fished in deeper water north of the dumping grounds out of Lorain, Ohio towards the Canada boarder and found a nice grade of Walleye for them. We caught over 30 walleye and sent them home with their limits for some good dinners. We pulled bandits 50/100 and 50/125 with 2oz weight and jet 40's with spoons and phantom dagger #7's from 45, 65 back to 100 back. We found the fish spread out more in the water column as some came up higher and some down a bit deeper. everything caught fish speed was 2.1 to 2.5 had to slow down a tad tonight. Nice grade of fish and very consistent catching. They want to fish over Christmas break when they are back in town if the lake and the weather will let us get out for some winter walleye.
    7/15 afternoon trip with a fathe rand son-in-law from Iowa-7-13-weekend-019-jpg
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

I think I know where the trophy fish are staying now. Super work putting your clients on fish.

Good job capt Sam.That is a long lead for running bandits with 50/100 and 50/125 and 2oz sinker.how deep did you think those cranks were running?Guessing 28 to 30 ft down?

Awesome, haven't been out in two weeks,had to replace my drive.anyway I have a question I use the walleye boards on one side (orange) and the green boards from netcraft sorry drawing a blank on the names.but my son and I are having a heck of a time getting them to release,I'm using mono by the way.with divers and crankbaits when we dial back they trip any ideas would be appreciated

Bob, i believe they are running 30 to 40 deep. 150 back at 2.25 is 35 deep and at 2.5 it is 32 deep so at 175 back should be close to 40 deep. you could do it with less line and 3 oz weights but at those speeds it starts to mess with the way the boards run i find this to be a happy medium.
    [email protected]
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.

what do you mean when you say "getting them to release" i want to make sure i understand your question?
    [email protected]

They don't release at the board so we are fighting the board all the way in

Default Boards release

Quote Originally Posted by Imafisher46 View Post
    They don't release at the board so we are fighting the board all the way in
    You don't want your board to release. You real the board to the boat and remove...than fight the fish and I suggest to put braid on all your lines totally better for so many reasons.

Why do I want to fight my board all the way in! do you know what happens when it goes under water? nevermind obviously we are not even close to being on the same page. thanks

Thanks capt Sam,guess didn't take into account your higher speeds.I have tried the 3oz sinker on my cranks and inline boards,but that extra weight and the crank pull to hard to read board very well.The 2oz weight is the standard most guys use but they usually put them 20ft behind crank.As for comment about using braid for everything,we use braid for dipsies.But mono works better for inline boards.Braid too thin and slippery on the releases of the inline boards to work best.