Sat June 29th East of Kellys Sat June 29th East of Kellys Sat June 29th East of Kellys Sat June 29th East of Kellys

Default Sat June 29th East of Kellys

Got a real late start as my family did not get back from Chicago until midnight on Friday. We set up in 42 feet of water at the Northeast corner of Kellys where we had some marks and clean water. First line went in with my new dipsy divers at 2:00pm. Remember I got information from several of you about what to size and color dipsys to buy. I have a couple of American made RAM rail mounts, and with the drag of those dipsys, they spun those rod holders around that rail. Running a total of four poles was out this day, and we went back to the usual two rods running with true trip 40s. WE had great action for less than two hours we could stand the heat and the flies. We could not get anything to take Mich stinger silver and blue, but Stinger chicken wing, monkey puke, and copper with pink dots did well. I ran a copper color with orange dots, and we could not keep the sheep off of that lure. After about 6 sheep, I said this has to go. We tried leads from 47 to 61 to see if any depth was any more productive, but all depths produced. w
    We tried speeds of 1.9 up to 2.8 and once again they all produced fish. Had some walleye shorts, but ended up with some nice walleye 19-21" long. We worked the area from 42-46 feet of water, with fish caught at all those depths.

So does Cisco make a nice rail mount holder that would be good for dipsys? I have rails around my entire Whaler so I would like to keep rod holders on the rails.
    Thanks

Cisco makes excellent rail mounted rod holders. I purchased four this spring for my Boston whaler and I am happy for having done so. They are rock solid easy to install and dipsys are no match for them. I will be purchasing a set for my Crestliner next year. They are not cheap, however you get what you pay for. Their customer services is excellent. Good Luck

Thank you Rownan, I am happy to hear that you had success with them staying tight on your Whaler. Now I know when I get some, they will work!

Default Cisco

Cisco is the best.
    I stopped at their shop, downtown Cleveland. They put 2 sets together for me why I waited, got some nice t shirts and other items. They couldn't be nicer. Yes a little pricey but you'll never need to buy again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Duck View Post
    Thank you Rownan, I am happy to hear that you had success with them staying tight on your Whaler. Now I know when I get some, they will work!