Question on walleye location Question on walleye location Question on walleye location Question on walleye location

Default Question on walleye location

I have good friends far flung across the country traveling in this weekend to fish walleye on my boat. It seems we will run a spoon program, but it's been probably since spring months that I've been out on the water. With that said, I've attempted to poke around the posts this past week, but don't have a great vision as to where to go to maximize the catchin' (fun)?!

Looking for advice if you had one day to run out there (I'm out of Catawba), where would you head?

PS - If I run a snubber off the dipsey, does a mono leader to the spoon make it too stretchy? I use braid to the dipsey of course.

Thank you!

I would head as far North and East as you can handle. There are fish all over though.

I do not run any snubbers for walleyes.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

I just returned from 2 days of fishing. We were about 2 miles east of Lucies point on Middle Bass. Limited in 3 hours both days on Bandits. Yesterday 3 of the 12 were 22 to 27 inches. Fish are suspended and are hungry. Blue chrome was head and shoulders above any other color. I've fished only this area since April and I've caught limits each time out. It's about 9 miles out of West Harbor, so it's a little bit of a run but it's well worth the run because it produces.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rookie View Post
    I have good friends far flung across the country traveling in this weekend to fish walleye on my boat. It seems we will run a spoon program, but it's been probably since spring months that I've been out on the water. With that said, I've attempted to poke around the posts this past week, but don't have a great vision as to where to go to maximize the catchin' (fun)?!

Looking for advice if you had one day to run out there (I'm out of Catawba), where would you head?

PS - If I run a snubber off the dipsey, does a mono leader to the spoon make it too stretchy? I use braid to the dipsey of course.

Thank you!
    the fish seem to be just about everywhere. they are suspended in deeper water. I don't know much about the western area but from clev to conny they seem to be close to the 50' mark. spoons around the 3.0 mark seems to catch fish. but ive read where they are doing good casting weight forward spinners to.

Sweet. I recon that area is about 30' deep. How were you running the bandits?

Pimplepounder is correct about location.Fish seam to have moved into deeper water as we have warmed up.Yes,you can run a mono or flourocarbon leader behing a dipsey and a snubbed.That's what we do.