Quick 2 man limit and 2 stupid guys Quick 2 man limit and 2 stupid guys Quick 2 man limit and 2 stupid guys Quick 2 man limit and 2 stupid guys

Default Quick 2 man limit and 2 stupid guys

Launched from Mazurik at 7:00 this morning and got a quick 2 man limit east of Kelly’s. Fish were everywhere in that general region. Blue chrome bandits back 60ft behind boards and Sir Walleye stinger spoons behind tru-trip 50’s back 55ft (closer to the bottom).

When we launched I noticed the trailer didn’t have the cap for the bearings... Or the bearings... Or any grease... We obviously decided to fish anyway because we were there. Well, it’s Sunday and you can’t just find those parts in Port Clinton so we decided to at least get the boat back on the trailer and figure it out from there. As we were loading the boat on the trailer the brakes on the truck went out. Used the e-brake right away and everything was fine. Well, without any other options on a Sunday we just decided to go 35mph down route 2 back to Toledo using the e-brake and having a trailer wheel with no bearings/grease. That’s where the stupidity comes in but we made it. Best decision? Probably not lol... Like I said we’re back home now and didn’t damage anything more than it was already.

Well, I'm glad you made it back safely. However, your lives weren't the only ones at risk by doing that. I get the part about still going fishing, but your rig needed to be towed back home. Hope you get both fixed and are back on the water again soon.
    Polar Kraft Frontier 179 WT
    Yamaha 90 4 stroke
    Suzuki 9.9 EFI
    Minn Kota Terrova iPilot 80# w/ US2
    Lowrance Elite Ti2 9 inch
    Lowrance Elite 5x

I agree 100%. Just happy we made it. We drove 35mph the whole way with the hazards on. Stopped on the side every few miles to let the cars built up behind us pass. If it were my boat/truck/trailer I would’ve tried to fix the problems before hitting the road... Gotta hand it to my buddy for doing everything in the safest possible way (given the problems).

I have AAA too which would’ve towed us back... Not sure about their boat/trailer policies but the truck for sure. Anyway, it is what it is and we did it in the safest possible way (if that makes any sense?). We even got off route 2 as quickly as possible and came in to Toledo the back way. Avoided all interstates.