Fishing with Mike, Tianna, and Freeman 6/6/19 Fishing with Mike, Tianna, and Freeman 6/6/19 Fishing with Mike, Tianna, and Freeman 6/6/19 Fishing with Mike, Tianna, and Freeman 6/6/19

Default Fishing with Mike, Tianna, and Freeman 6/6/19

This morning, I was meeting one of my regular customers who fishes with me 2-3 times a season. His usual crew couldn't make it this time, so he brought his granddaughter, Tianna, and his friend, Freeman along with him.

We were to meet at Big Bopper's, since they were driving in from Indiana, and not staying here in town. I had to stop at Rickard's for some ice and shiners before heading over there. I wanted to pick up some Yeck Spoons, because the one I had was getting all beat up from catching so many fish, but they didn't have any, so I made a quick stop at Hi Way Bait on the way to Big B's, and he had a box full of them ready to put on the display pegs. I rummaged through and picked out 3 Blueberry Muffin looking ones that matched my beat up one. It has purple on one side with light yellow spots and a chartreuse underside, for those of you unfamiliar with what BM looks like.

After breakfast, they met me at Mazurik's and we were on the water by 6am again. And, again, we headed north to the same spot I had been fishing for a little over a week now. We caught our walleye, in what Mike had figured out to be, "One every 3 1/4 minutes". It's what I called, controlled chaos.

We ran the dipsies at the same program as the previous several days...
    1 setting at 33 and 41 and the 3
    setting at 49 and 55/57. Speed was 2.3-2.4mph.

Two Bandits (blue/chrome and Buck Fever) were set at 42 and 61 back behind the Off Shore boards on the starboard side and two #11 Flicker Minnows (huff daddy and purple flash) were run on the port side at 55 and 65 back.

Everything caught fish this morning.

Freemand and Tianna did a great job for having never fished with dipsies or boards before, and were quick learners.

After we put away all the walleye gear, it was time to head to yesterday's perch spot. Once we arrived, I slowed to a stop and deployed the Ulterra and hit the Spot-Lock button to hold us on that spot. It wasn't as fast as the past two days, and the marks were definitely thinner, but they were still biting enough to keep my crew happy and interested. Along with the perch, we caught some big sheepshead, white perch, walleye, and a catfish.
    A fun time was had by all and that's all that matters.

Tomorrow's forecast is calling for some east winds, so I think it's time to hit Catawba again and see if those fish are still there and willing to bite. If not, I'll run the trough up to the west side of the islands and look for some fish up in the triangle between the islands. I'm guessing there are some perch in that area too.

The crew is new, and want to learn in depth about how to run Off Shore boards and dipsies, so I don't want to finish with the walleye as fast as we did today. That was just nuts, and they wouldn't have time to process what they are learning.

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Mike, Tianna, and Freeman 6/6/19-mike-tianna-freeman-6_6_19a-jpg Fishing with Mike, Tianna, and Freeman 6/6/19-mike-tianna-freeman-6_6_19b-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Sounds like a great day and the picture is priceless.

sure wish my cooler looked like that. don't look like we'll make our annual trip to Geneva this yr. my sil was supposed to rent us a house up there for the week but she never got around to doing it. don't have the motorhome any more. someone broke the drivers and went in and trashed the inside. so the insurance called it a total loss.

Something is wrong with those pictures, several layers or stay warm stay dry clothing and flip flops lol

Nice to see yellows being had already
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters