Speed to run spoons and Bandits Speed to run spoons and Bandits Speed to run spoons and Bandits Speed to run spoons and Bandits

Default Speed to run spoons and Bandits

Can the Michigan Stinger spoons and Bandits be run at the same time (bandits on one side and spoons on the other side) now that the weather is warmer and we are getting into the 2.0 MPH ranger and faster? I just not sure if that is too fast for Bandits? Should I be pulling Hot and Tots or Wiggle Warts or Reef Runners instead?
    Thanks
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Duck View Post
    Can the Michigan Stinger spoons and Bandits be run at the same time (bandits on one side and spoons on the other side) now that the weather is warmer and we are getting into the 2.0 MPH ranger and faster? I just not sure if that is too fast for Bandits? Should I be pulling Hot and Tots or Wiggle Warts or Reef Runners instead?
    Thanks
    Bruce
    I run bandits & spoons on the same line with a 3 way swivel. Up to 3.3 mph

I run them both at the same time.

As far as speed goes, I have been maintaining around 1.8 - 2 mph. I know some speed up, but this works for me just fine.

I move to Hot-n-Tots etc. mid Summer. But I think everything is working good to be honest.

Kent
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

I read last season of guys trolling up to 3.0mph with spoons.As for bandits,my buddy sometimes goes out by himself without bags and run 2 bandits no boards close to 3.0mph and still will catch fish.Heck,back before I knew what we were doing,we would troll spoons off dipsey without bags at least 3.5mph and still caught a few.

Thank yo all for the help.

last yr we ended up running galeforcetackle.com spoons and a couple of scorpion spoons. and run as close as we could to 2.8 to 3.0 and it was game on. our best day with 5 fishing and running 6 lite bite slide divers we took a 5 man limit with those 6 rods in 4 hrs and 45 minutes. the best spoon we used was all pink with blue spots from gale force. gale force spoons are the same size as scorpion spoons but the paint stays on much better. and they are a little cheaper.

crank baits can be hard to get tuned at faster speeds. but I know they can be run with spoons. I would try at least 2.5 with them together.