Fishing with John and Seth Feldhauser 6/4/19 Fishing with John and Seth Feldhauser 6/4/19 Fishing with John and Seth Feldhauser 6/4/19 Fishing with John and Seth Feldhauser 6/4/19

Default Fishing with John and Seth Feldhauser 6/4/19

Woke up at 2am with one of my cats purring on my chest....needless to say, it was enough to keep me up, so I got up, made some coffee, and set off to the back deck to check the weather for the day. I was greeted with a cool, calm, morning. I thought to myself, "It's going to be a great day".
    I picked my guys up from the White Caps Motel at 4:50 and we headed off to Rickard's Bait to pick up some ice and some shiners. The shiners would be needed after we caught our limit of walleye, for a round of perch'n.
    After we left the bait shop, we headed to the Big B's for some breakfast, and got to know each other a little bit. John and Seth are Grandfather and Grandson...who love to fish together, and they wanted to do a trip out here. I was looking forward to this trip for a long time. I was going to take my birthday off tomorrow, but when he reserved his days months ago, and wanted two days, I could hardly say, "No.". Besides, fishing on my birthday? I like that idea...how freak'n lucky am I?
    When we got back in the truck to head to the launch, John asked Seth, "Get me that box out of my bag". Out came a bright yellow wrapped birthday present with a card. "Your birthday is tomorrow, right?", asked John. I nodded, still trying to believe that a customer... one I had never fished with before...would bring me a birthday gift of all things! It made my morning, and I opened the card and gift with the enthusiasm of a kid.....well, a kid on his/her birthday. lol
    John had brought me a beautiful metal art piece that was created on a round saw blade...it's very cool. It had a majestic Elk, mountains, and a pine tree on it. "Thank you, it's beautiful! I know just where I'm going to put it too", I said. And, with a happy heart, we headed on over to the launch.
    We launched out of Mazurik's at 6am, and headed north to where I have been fishing the past several days. With the wind switch from the NNW to the SSW this morning, I stopped short of where I had been starting and set in with a SW to NE trolling pass. I deployed the Ulterra, set it to power level 5, and fired up the baby E-TEC to get my speed to 2.1-2.3mph to start. (I would adjust from there as the fish told me what they wanted, which was again closer to 2.3mph.)
    It was pretty much the same program with dipsies and Off Shore boards, but besides just using spoons on the dipsies, I swapped out two spoons for the Ripplin Redfins. The "Huff Daddy" and "Firetiger" paint schemes were the ticket and caught several good eaters. The spoons were pretty much 50/50 against the RR's in the catch rate. The "Buck Fever" Bandit caught 2 eyes...one at 42 back and one at 51 back. The "Blue/Chrome" Bandit caught one walleye today at 61 back.
    *Sorry...I never took notice of the water temperature, but I think it was around 64?
    The first pass produced some fish, but a lot of fish were lost, due to the guys learning how to use dipsies and boards. Neither of which they have ever used before. On the second pass, I changed the direction of the trolling pass to a SE to NW this time. The fish seemed to be more active with that direction and the guys were getting the hang of it, so we were done with 18 before we finished that entire pass.
    We put all the walleye stuff away and went to look for perch....after three spots, we found some bigger ones. But, they were also hanging out with big white perch and big sheepshead. It didn't matter though, because John and Seth were just happy to be fishing and catching. The species didn't really matter all that much to them, but I always felt better when the target species was put in the cooler. John also caught a nice smallmouth out in a spot that I would never have guessed a smallmouth to be, so that was a nice surprise today too.
    The 6 hours was almost up, and the sky was looking like there was heavy rain on the way, so we packed it up with 24 perch and 18 walleye in the box. There were probably just as many sheepshead and white perch as there were perch too, so they had a good time today....mission accomplished. And, that makes me happy!
    Tomorrow's weather is a little snotty, but we'll figure out what to do in the morning. I'm never set on anything until I hit the launch and look at the lake. The conditions will determine where we fish tomorrow....
    Stay tuned...
    Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with John and Seth Feldhauser 6/4/19-john-seth-feldhauser-6_4_19h-jpg Fishing with John and Seth Feldhauser 6/4/19-john-seth-feldhauser-6_4_19j-jpg Fishing with John and Seth Feldhauser 6/4/19-john-seth-feldhauser-6_4_19l-jpg Fishing with John and Seth Feldhauser 6/4/19-john-seth-feldhauser-6_4_19f-jpg Fishing with John and Seth Feldhauser 6/4/19-john-seth-feldhauser-6_4_19b-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Sorry, there's no spacing between paragraphs....this site is screwy now. I can't edit it without it asking me to do it all over again, and then I still don't know if it would be posted correctly anyway. The site doesn't work the way it used to....ugh.
    [email protected]

That is one neat gift made from the saw blade. The precision work on the fir tree and that elk is incredible!
    Very nice story about walleye, perch and some other fish you caught too.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    Woke up at 2am with one of my cats purring on my chest....needless to say, it was enough to keep me up, so I got up, made some coffee, and set off to the back deck to check the weather for the day. I was greeted with a cool, calm, morning. I thought to myself, "It's going to be a great day".
    I picked my guys up from the White Caps Motel at 4:50 and we headed off to Rickard's Bait to pick up some ice and some shiners. The shiners would be needed after we caught our limit of walleye, for a round of perch'n.
    After we left the bait shop, we headed to the Big B's for some breakfast, and got to know each other a little bit. John and Seth are Grandfather and Grandson...who love to fish together, and they wanted to do a trip out here. I was looking forward to this trip for a long time. I was going to take my birthday off tomorrow, but when he reserved his days months ago, and wanted two days, I could hardly say, "No.". Besides, fishing on my birthday? I like that idea...how freak'n lucky am I?
    When we got back in the truck to head to the launch, John asked Seth, "Get me that box out of my bag". Out came a bright yellow wrapped birthday present with a card. "Your birthday is tomorrow, right?", asked John. I nodded, still trying to believe that a customer... one I had never fished with before...would bring me a birthday gift of all things! It made my morning, and I opened the card and gift with the enthusiasm of a kid.....well, a kid on his/her birthday. lol
    John had brought me a beautiful metal art piece that was created on a round saw blade...it's very cool. It had a majestic Elk, mountains, and a pine tree on it. "Thank you, it's beautiful! I know just where I'm going to put it too", I said. And, with a happy heart, we headed on over to the launch.
    We launched out of Mazurik's at 6am, and headed north to where I have been fishing the past several days. With the wind switch from the NNW to the SSW this morning, I stopped short of where I had been starting and set in with a SW to NE trolling pass. I deployed the Ulterra, set it to power level 5, and fired up the baby E-TEC to get my speed to 2.1-2.3mph to start. (I would adjust from there as the fish told me what they wanted, which was again closer to 2.3mph.)
    It was pretty much the same program with dipsies and Off Shore boards, but besides just using spoons on the dipsies, I swapped out two spoons for the Ripplin Redfins. The "Huff Daddy" and "Firetiger" paint schemes were the ticket and caught several good eaters. The spoons were pretty much 50/50 against the RR's in the catch rate. The "Buck Fever" Bandit caught 2 eyes...one at 42 back and one at 51 back. The "Blue/Chrome" Bandit caught one walleye today at 61 back.
    *Sorry...I never took notice of the water temperature, but I think it was around 64?
    The first pass produced some fish, but a lot of fish were lost, due to the guys learning how to use dipsies and boards. Neither of which they have ever used before. On the second pass, I changed the direction of the trolling pass to a SE to NW this time. The fish seemed to be more active with that direction and the guys were getting the hang of it, so we were done with 18 before we finished that entire pass.
    We put all the walleye stuff away and went to look for perch....after three spots, we found some bigger ones. But, they were also hanging out with big white perch and big sheepshead. It didn't matter though, because John and Seth were just happy to be fishing and catching. The species didn't really matter all that much to them, but I always felt better when the target species was put in the cooler. John also caught a nice smallmouth out in a spot that I would never have guessed a smallmouth to be, so that was a nice surprise today too.
    The 6 hours was almost up, and the sky was looking like there was heavy rain on the way, so we packed it up with 24 perch and 18 walleye in the box. There were probably just as many sheepshead and white perch as there were perch too, so they had a good time today....mission accomplished. And, that makes me happy!
    Tomorrow's weather is a little snotty, but we'll figure out what to do in the morning. I'm never set on anything until I hit the launch and look at the lake. The conditions will determine where we fish tomorrow....
    Stay tuned...
    Capt Juls
    knock em dead jul's
    I don't get to fish like I'd like to. as all my old friends have passed or moved to find work. your posts keeps me up on what the lake and fish are doing. my oldest son takes vacation for a long weekend or a week once a yr up until now. I had my motorhome broke into and they say its totaled. so we cant get up there camping. last year my sons wife rented a house to stay in while we fished. but this yr she didnt get around to renting a house again. and without the motorhome we cant come up camping. so right now we wont be making the trip up. they broke the drivers window to get in the mh. then they trashed it. broke a light behind the driver. then they broke a small table on the passengers side. the trashed the blinds, put cigarettes out on the dining table and on counter tops. the insurance lady and me tried to find a replacement window but had no luck. thats the main reason she called it a total loss. but I don't really think she offered me as much as the mh was worth. it was and older model but still in good shape before it got trashed. if I had been selling it I would have asked for 12,500.00 to start with then accepted anything over 10,000.00. they are giving me just over 8,000.oo for it. I cant even start to replace it with the 7,800 thats left after my deductible. enough about my troubles. the only thing you need to do is post a few more pictures with your threads.
    sherman

oh yeah I forgot to brag on your saw blade. its very cool what he did.
    Last edited by sherman51; 06-05-2019 at 05:47 AM.

What sort of depth did you find the perch in? Thank you for any help! Great report, so much awesome detail!

Nice day fishing Juls and Happy Birthday.Beautiful art work they gave you and good job on catching some perch after a quick walleye limit.Always great if get to fish in nice weather on your bday.

Very nice Juls! Love reading your reports.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingmike23 View Post
    What sort of depth did you find the perch in? Thank you for any help! Great report, so much awesome detail!
    24 feet on the NE side of Sugar. There's not a lot there though....so, the search continues...
    [email protected]