Hey all, I know that we're still probably a solid 30 + days from getting on the water, but since I'm getting very antsy I figured I'd bounce a few things off the group in hopes of getting a few answers and maybe starting some good dialogues. I have read and heard that immediately after ice-off the walleye fishing is good - primarliy in 6-15 FOW on the West side of Catawba back in to around Camp Perry. This would be pre-spawn, correct? At the same time I was reading back through last year's spring posts from Early April and there were lots of comments about the water simply being too dirty for good fishing. Is there a window there between ice-off and the spawn when the water isn't chocolate milk?

At first sign of all ice being gone I want to be on the water, just looking for confirmation that I'd be in the right areas. Based on recent weather patterns do you anticipate the jig coming a few weeks earlier this year?

Also, when fishing spoons are you tipping those and them casting them as they if were weight forward lures or are they best utilized in a slow troll?

Simply being on the water fishing is good enough for me although I do want to learn what I can in the process. Congrats to those who were sucessful when ice fishing, and good luck to those hitting the rivers in the upcoming weeks. I will continue chasing Saugeye in Central OH until Erie opens up for boat traffic.

Thanks in advance for any responses.