Maumee Bay/Maumee River Mouth Maumee Bay/Maumee River Mouth Maumee Bay/Maumee River Mouth Maumee Bay/Maumee River Mouth

Question Maumee Bay/Maumee River Mouth

How to fish the mouth, where to go, and what to use? These are questions I am faced with as I dropped in last weekend to fish the mouth of the Maumee river. My brother and I tried fishing up stream under some bridges, marked fish but no bights using jigs tipped with minnows in 18-20 FOW.
    Went out into the bay, staying close to shore and didn’t mark anything, was in 5-10 FOW. Didn’t stop to fish, because wasn’t marking anything. Maybe should have tried not sure.
    Note: water was muddy in every location.
    I was looking for any suggestions on locations to fish in this area from past experience. And a warning, watch for ice and ice chunks are still coming down the river as well as debris.

Default Maumee Bay Info

Try lining up Turtle Island and the Lighthouse over 15-18 FOW. Move west if water is dirty. Seldom do we mark fish anyway. Jig, Jig, Jig.. Mark spot when you find them and re-drift till limit and or happy.

Good Luck

Default maumee bay

try 500 ft. off green and white bouy towards little cedar point, drift towards
    edision plant, if water dirty, the hump past habor light, or from turtle island
    to habor light, just keep your jig hitting the bottom, purple always good but
    two tone green was hot for us last year, tip with minnows if you want but
    not necarsary, if fishing the river a seldom fished spot that hit or miss is
    the turnpike bridge just before rossford, deep water rock and sand bottom.