Using scents on stick baits Using scents on stick baits Using scents on stick baits Using scents on stick baits

Default Using scents on stick baits

I was watching one of the Fishing 411 episodes with Mark and Jake Romanoff. I think they have very good shows and explain things quite well. On a newly released episodes while trolling for walleye with four of the popular stick baits, they were adding a few squirts of Pro Cure scents about every 30 minutes to the bait. I had never heard of using these scents by anyone on Lake Erie while fishing for walleye. What does everyone have to say about the scents?
    Thanks,
    Bruce

I think it works. I was catching fish when no one else on the boat was. They put some on and started catching. I was using a shad scent, but I am sure others work as well. It does not hurt to try it.

I read a thread about a month ago on OGF and the guy claimed his procure scent applying to his cranks was out catching his other cranks 4 to 1.Said using trophy walleye scent.I had never heard of scent at the time either.The one tip they gave was you had to wash the scent off your lure after using or would stink up your tackle box.I have on the list to buy.Wouldn't put on your harnesses with worms but could put on spoons.

They’ll sell you anything if you are willing to buy it. 🤐

So im very glad to see someone started this topic.. I am new to fishing western basin.two trips from western NY this year. Was in the Port Clinton Walmart on one of the windy days, and my son and I watched a guy with a charter shirt on pick up and look at each if bottles of scent..ending with him grabbing a bottle of orange gel scent. I followed him around the corner and asked if he was a guide.turns out he was. He guides in western B, then follows the fish as they head east, then he guides in florida rest of year. Long/short- hes a serious guide, and HES buying stuff..so why would he bother if it wasnt important??

Soap and water is a to do after a day of fishing, I at times use on spoons but cranks are just to much anymore. The Emerald Shiner does well on the jigs also.

Gene

The ProCure Trophy Walleye scent does work. I call it "butt juice" since it's smelly, and I put a 1/2 in strip on the tail end (butt) of the crankbait.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Thank you Capt Juls for weighing in. ITs nice to hear from a professional!