Back in action Back in action Back in action Back in action

Thread: Back in action

Default Back in action

Wednesday was a challenge but Scotty and I got our fish. Launched at Maziriks and tried the stained water just north of Kelleys with one 12 lb sheephead for our efforts. Joined a small flotilla of boats 2 miles NE of South Bass where the water was almost clear. Bandits 77' off boards back 70' at 1.3 to 1.5 mph. All nice 18 to 22 inch fish. IB Frozen and Khaki caught most.
    Problems we encountered was a downrigger that was dead but we didn't plan to use. And then there was my Lowrance Elite 7 HDI that froze and nothing I tried including advice from the company worked. It is now enroute to San Diego. This went to show me you don't need all those electronics to catch fish. I was reliving the 50's all over again.
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 04-26-2019 at 02:37 PM. Reason: spelling khaki

Great attitude, love to hear the passion for fishing out weighs all others.
    Justin Pickett
    F/V Motor Mouth
    Parker 2320 SL
    Foxhaven Marina

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    Wednesday was a challenge but Scotty and I got our fish. Launched at Maziriks and tried the stained water just north of Kelleys with one 12 lb sheephead for our efforts. Joined a small flotilla of boats 2 miles NE of South Bass where the water was almost clear. Bandits 77' off boards back 70' at 1.3 to 1.5 mph. All nice 18 to 22 inch fish. IB Frozen and Khaki caught most.
    Problems we encountered was a downrigger that was dead but we didn't plan to use. And then there was my Lowrance Elite 7 HDI that froze and nothing I tried including advice from the company worked. It is now enroute to San Diego. This went to show me you don't need all those electronics to catch fish. I was reliving the 50's all over again.
    Thanks for the report. I am in the process of loading my tackle box with bandits. My problem is when I checked on line at cabelas. there are difference sizes. Do I get shallowing diving Deep diveing or suspending. I will be trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bob View Post
    Thanks for the report. I am in the process of loading my tackle box with bandits. My problem is when I checked on line at cabelas. there are difference sizes. Do I get shallowing diving Deep diveing or suspending. I will be trolling.
    Thanks for the report. I am in the process of loading my tackle box with bandits. My problem is when I checked on line at cabelas. there are difference sizes. Do I get shallowing diving Deep diveing or suspending. I will be trolling

deep diving is what most ppl use in cooler waters
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

Most of the people I know run the deep divers with and without 1 or 2 oz snap on ahead of the lures and 50' to 90' back off the boards. Sometimes the color makes a difference but usually not. Get the lures to the right depth and close enough to the fish at the right speed they will surely bite. If not, you are in the wrong place. Move!!!!