When to Fish Blade Baits When to Fish Blade Baits When to Fish Blade Baits When to Fish Blade Baits

Default When to Fish Blade Baits

I was given approx. 30 blade baits from a neighbor and was wondering when the best time of the walleye season to use them. I mainly troll or jig fish. Thanks

Lightbulb When to use blade baits

Quote Originally Posted by Moldman View Post
    I was given approx. 30 blade baits from a neighbor and was wondering when the best time of the walleye season to use them. I mainly troll or jig fish. Thanks
    I have been using blade baits while jigging for a number of years. I have found that they can work in any conditions clean water, stained water, or dirty water for jigging. They work best for me in dirty water versus the hair lead jig, they seem to make more noise which I believe attract the walleye better in the dirty water. That being said 2 weeks ago I caught all my fish on the blade bates in very dirty water (nothing on hair jigs) and the following week we caught them on the hair jigs (and nothing on blade baits) in relatively dirty water.
    So I always try both and see if the fish are picky that day. My go to color for blade baits is purple and silver. Check Capt. Jay's Youtube video on how to fish with blade baits, its very helpful.
    Hope that helps.