4/6 and 4/7 trolling report 4/6 and 4/7 trolling report 4/6 and 4/7 trolling report 4/6 and 4/7 trolling report

Default 4/6 and 4/7 trolling report

I got a late start yesterday (4/6) due to a couple of electronics issues. The first was that the autopilot controller wouldn't power on. That turned out to be a fuse and easily fixed. The second was I was getting an error that there was no autopilot computer found and none of the devices on the network were showing up. I figured it had to be the GPS antenna because that was the only thing that had been worked on this winter. Sure enough, once I managed to get the NMEA 2000 connection unplugged everything started working.

Around 11 I finally got out. I headed out to H can and started setting up. We got the first fish after about 20 minutes, a 31.5 inch 12 pounder that was easily the best fish I had ever caught (daughter and wife shared the responsibility of reeling her in). We only had 3 after 2 hours of fishing and I decided to call it because everyone was hungry and I had to bring the boat back alone after dropping them at the car. I didn't want to be on the boat alone with more than 1 limit. There were tons of marks but we had baits everywhere from 10 feet to the bottom (about 20 fow) but nothing doing.

We got out around 7 this morning. I'd decided to head to Niagara. We got out and got set up away from the pack. We didn't get anything for an hour before getting our first fish. Maybe 15 minutes later we had 2. Ended up catching a double and throwing back a 24 inch fish (and I had a 19 inch fish on the stringer bleeding out) to finish out our 3rd ticket. We had a 31, 2 29s and a 28 with a couple of 24-26 inch fish and the 19 incher. 85 foot leads, IB Frozen bandit took 8 of the 13 and we were running 1.5-1.8 depending on the heading. The boat wouldn't go any slower since I only have 1 trolling bag, that's going to change in the morning.

Went back to the same place and program today. Only had 6 when I decided to call it. One of them was a 30" spawned out female that came on a blue chrome bandit at 65 back. Also had a 27 and the rest were 18-19. Orange bellies seems to be all they care about right now. I've had 6-7 other colors out the past few days all in the same depth and none have come close to blue chrome and ib frozen. That's been responsible for 90% of the fish we've caught this week.