Bait and Color Bait and Color Bait and Color Bait and Color

Thread: Bait and Color

Default Bait and Color

What’s some of favorite programs to run?

Most guys used scorpion spoons last season.Almost any color worked.

X2 on the spoons, I don't think I ever pulled out any worm harnesses.

Gene

for early spring trolling the western basin crankbaits rule. either off boards with snap on weights if needed or just flatlined. as the water warms spoons and harnesses come into play. as summer gets here I like to run galeforcetackle.com harnesses with lite bite slide divers and gft spoons on my downriggers on the central basin. I like to run 1.8 to 2.0 with this set up. last yr was the exception for us. we switched to all spoons at 2.8 to 3.0 mph and it was a fire drill for us. I have read that others had great luck with harnesses. pinks, purples, are always good colors with dr death, reverse muffin, jawbreaker, from galeforcetackle.com being hot colors.

Who makes the x2 and gft spoons and where can you find them?

You can get the scorpion stinger spoons at most tackle stores.I get a lot of my gear at fish USA website and bought some on gale force tackle website last month.The ×2 just means you agree with someone.

Thanks for the clarification of the x2 I’m slowly learning the language. I run a lot of scorpions and I’m looking to invest in some other spoons of the same size/colors. Not sure why everyone is running scorpions when there is a lot of similar spoons on the market at a cheaper price. Is it the profile / weight / action that drives people to scorpions? Just brain storming. I’m going to experiment with similar spoons and see if I get the same results. I know the saying if it’s not broke don’t fix it, but I’m the odd one that has to know why it works.

Quote Originally Posted by CompTime View Post
    Thanks for the clarification of the x2 I’m slowly learning the language. I run a lot of scorpions and I’m looking to invest in some other spoons of the same size/colors. Not sure why everyone is running scorpions when there is a lot of similar spoons on the market at a cheaper price. Is it the profile / weight / action that drives people to scorpions? Just brain storming. I’m going to experiment with similar spoons and see if I get the same results. I know the saying if it’s not broke don’t fix it, but I’m the odd one that has to know why it works.
    check out galeforcetackle.com spoons. I started using them some yrs ago and now I use them most of the time. just go to there web site and click on store then click on walleye spoons. they have some awesome colors. last year jawbreaker was our hottest spoon ever. but dr death was a close 2nd. and unlike the stinger spoons the paint is bullet proof on there tackle.

we used a few yeck walleye spoon last year with good results . has a little different shape so it spins a little different.
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

Last season you could have caught fish with just about any type of spoon.Each type has a different action and the stinger spoons are very popular and have been around a long time.If starting out trolling,I would try and use the gear and techniques the successful guys use.There will be days when the conditions are poor,you're in the wrong spot or just an inactive time of day.Having the proper gear will make you more successful.If in doubt put out various types and colors of lures and let the fish tell you what they want.