Fish attractors Fish attractors Fish attractors Fish attractors

Thread: Fish attractors

Default Fish attractors

Has anyone ever tried using fish attractors like HydroWave for perch

Blog Entries

Don't know about HydroWave, however some years back an older Party Boat Captain told us that "Perch are nosey! And they're attracted to all kinds of things down there." Some people rev up the engines and the fish will turn on. Others lowered a metal rod with a smaller metal rod attached to make a clanging noise. I recall one guy that used to put live Shiners in a clear glass jar filled with water and a few holes punched into the lid. He kept a thin line tied to it and then lowered it over the side letting it go down to the bottom.
    Did it really attract the Perch? I can't say for certain, as we had a lot of people on board the party boats then. I've always wondered what might happen if someone would try this on a smaller boat?

I have been using a homemade perch caller which is 6-10 large to medium flat washers tied in a row leaving about an inch between them with braided line, barrel swivel on top and snap on bottom for a weight. Paint with a chrome paint. Bounce on bottom a few times and let hang. It will draw perch to it. I use a short heavy ice fishing rod with reel always in the boat. Good Luck.

Thanks for the response. I will try the washer thin.

I've been using a hydrowave for several years. It's another tool that can help, but it's not magic.
    If the fish are shut down and negative, it won't help. If the fish just need a nudge to get into feeding mode, it can attract them and get them going.
    On many days with a very slow bite I have seen it turn on after about 10 -15 minutes of hydrowave use.
    Other days, I couldn't buy a bite with a dollar bill and the hydrowave made no difefrence. If they're really shut down, it's time for a cold beverage instead.