Magee Marsh Magee Marsh Magee Marsh Magee Marsh
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Magee Marsh

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Magee Marsh

The fish have been biting anywhere from 3.0 mi to 4.7 mi at 60 degrees. Use caution when crossing the pressure crack 1 mile offshore. The safe crossing spot has varied from day to day. Hot lures have varied between spoons Silver w/ Orange Stripe, Williams Warblers (red & silver) and Rapalas (Gold Metallic Perch J5 & Silver & Blue J7). Try to get somewhere near Crane Reef and fish the deeper water. Presentation has varied from aggressive jigging to a 4" drop onto the bottom. Fish have been traveling in packs, so picking up 3-4 quickly followed by a lull has been the norm. Limits are common for experienced jiggers.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

bowhunt Guest

thinking about going out tuesday was wondering how big the pressure crack was and if they are still using 4 wheelers to get out by Crane reef

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Pressure Crack

There is no problem crossing the pressure crack. Someone put down 2 sheets of 3/4" plywood to cross. After that its smooth sailing all the way. The trail has become more like the "Ho Chi Ming" trail. We killed them today. Going to have the wife take a pic tonight for posting purposes. Limit today and yesterday and I'm going tomarrow too. C Ya out there. I will post my waypoint tonight before I go to bed. So many fish and so little time. Take a tape measure with you. Tons of 14"-15" eyes. We caught ( 2 of us) 48 today. Plus I have 18 perch to clean. Nice ones

jam Guest

Default Ice Taxie

Is there any taxie service off crane creek/magee marsh area?

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Taxi Service

Sorry, no taxi. I remember the days when there was taxis so I can appreciate your thoughts, but no taxis anymore. Not even off Cawtaba where I rode in the taxi. Dont know why?

jamess2008 Guest

Jig Ive been going off of catawba. Live in Wauseon. That would be a lot closer. The uestion is there good size to the fish, im averaging 30 lb sacks. Now that I figured it out.

bowhunt Guest

went out tuesday we didnt cath the first eye till around 12:00 moved about a mile north of the pack and picked up 33 in a hour and a half only 13 keepers. the rest were anywhere from 14 to 14 1/2. color today seemed to be silver and green

jam Guest

Default Taxie

When I was a kid early 60's we would take a taxie out, old cars cut down to nothing. go out and catch 3-400 perch, those were the days. thanks to all for the info, going to try to get back out over the next few days.

jigster Guest

Default friday?

going out tommorrow making sure the bite was still on at crane reef ?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Size or Quantity

James, No doubt the fish off Cawtaba seem to run larger. We seem to catch more fish off Magee Marsh vs. Cawtaba SP. It's a personal preference. If I gave a fillet off a 10lb walleye to a friend in Toledo. They would ask " What the heck did I do"? Us locals, whom fish on a regular basis prefer the 18"-22" walleye for the table. Yeah, catching the big ones is allot of fun and fulfills the adrenelien rush, but I have 4 on the wall over 32" and the wife wont let me mount anothe walleye. If I did it would be the last thing I mounted for a while. Anywho. We are catching nice catches and we'll leave the the migrating brood stock for you.

Good Luck and Good Fishing, keep some around for our grandchildren