Perch 8/11 Perch 8/11 Perch 8/11 Perch 8/11

Thread: Perch 8/11

Default Perch 8/11

Started south of g can today with slow action and bugs so thick they would choke you. Wind finally picked up and drove the bugs away didn't really help the bite. Moved a few times and finally got some fish to bite SE of g can. Crappie rigs, skipper 9 rigs and spreaders, none of them seemed to catch more fish than another. 1230 we had our 2 man limit. Cookie cutter skinny 8 inch fish that went 20 lbs at the cleaners. We have been fishing between Kelly's and south bass, heard of nice grade of fish at g can. We did not expirence this today. Had probably 15 throw backs and caught alot of first year walleye. I have caught small walleye every perch trip this year so we might have had another good hatch. Bite was super light so might have been an off day for the big perch. Beautiful day though.

Fished here also, on Friday, South of G can about .4 tenths of mile. Me and neighbor Bob, Set up at 12:30 and caught our 60 at 2:30 with nothing under 8". Weight at Sassy Sals was 21#. Had 5 small perch and a couple of sheep and 2 fingerling small walleye. Nice wind from NE and overcast

Saturday, Crew of 4 set up near same spot as Friday at 8:30, barely any wind, from the SW, fish were not biting as nice as the day before, bugs were out. Broke out my bug head net but did not put on, as I had not inhaled one yet and we were fixing to move anyway. After an hour, left with 16 perch, ran up to South of Green, West edge of pack, bite was worse here but was bug Free. Only caught a couple so moved up to West of Rattle Snake. Had a slow pick going here. One of those bites that your thinking is it really worth going looking again or stay. The bite did finally pick up and then came to a screeching halt with the wind doing likewise. Almost moved but the bite started again and we finished off the last 20 for our limit of 120. Weight at Sassy Sals was 42.5#. Returned 6 baby Walleye to find in 3 or more years. Had planned on chasing Walleye if the perch went quickly, but it was not meant to be.

Another beautiful couple of days on the lake!