Go Fast Boats Go Fast Boats Go Fast Boats Go Fast Boats
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go Fast Boats

Default Go Fast Boats

Did everyone perching A Can Saturday like the maybe 20 or 30 cigar boats that blew one after the other full speed straight through the perch pack about mid morning? Sure was glad I was south of where they came through. Wondered if it affected the bite of those close.

Would be nice to have enough money to hang about 3 or 4 300 hp's on back of a boat and then blow through all that gas for show. But for us ordinary folk, bet I had more fun though sitting in my old well used tub, doing some quality up and down perching with my son.

Yes we were just south of A can as well. Poker run blew through there like they had no idea of what rules of the road are. What a bunch of disrespectful morons!! Very unsafe, ourselves as anchored vessels do not need to move and give right of way. That helicopter must have radioed as to what had occurred because if you noticed on their way back, the majority traveled back east north of the pack. No call for that at all. 4 of us ended up with 115 that went 43 pounds live at cleaners. I think it did affect the bite for a short time but luckily they turned back on.

I would think what they did was illegal and should be reported to the Coast Guard. We were NW of A when they went through. Hard to believe they would do something like that.

It's not hard to believe at. We see it every weekend, the ppl who don't know port from starboard, stand on to give way. It's getting to the point almost when the rules do get followed it stands out as being odd.

At the speeds those boats travel running through a pack is more like guess work, you can't see anchors lines, smaller boats, or even maybe ppl swimming.......seen it a lot when the bite slows down ppl or kids cool off with a quick dip.

If they had a bird in the air then they should had been given well notice and had them change corse to a safer route of travel. It's not like to go around a perch pack would cost that much fuel/time.

Heck most of the time they already have a pretry good idea who the top 5 ppl are going be, baring any breakage, b4 the race even starts.
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

I was in the pack at A-can when they went blowing threw. I was surprised that they split the group some favored the west side and some went to the east. We were like sitting ducks, they are cool boats but some came very close to my boat as I was on the edge of the pack. FYI it’s called LEOPA thunderfest, I inquired about it to a friend who does that kind of stuff.

I did not have the displeasure of seeing them this year however last year I had four kids under the age of 10 on board. I was hoping to introduce them to fishing. I anchored just west of the MH lighthouse in very tight to the shore in not more than 24 feet of water feeling safe from the normal weekend traffic. Then we saw the rooster tails coming at us from PIB. Cool at first but not for long. They came dangerously close to many anchored boats. Two of them actually passed between my boat and the shore at full speed. I could have hit them with a rock and would have if I had one handy. It seems that the coasties are more concerned about out dated flares than what is a Truely a dangerous situation and just look the other way. I have wanted to get this off my chest for a long time now. Thanks for listening.

Saw them south of Green, quite a parade. Actually made our bite pick up. They went south of the Pack, except for the guy at the very back who was minutes behind, he was aiming for the center of the pack and made a last minute turn to avoid most(good choice) boats. I did not want to drive through the pack at 8 mph let alone 50 mph like this boater was thinking. The baby helicopter was cool! Hows come I did not whip out my phone to film??

Be safe out there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pick6 View Post
    I did not have the displeasure of seeing them this year however last year I had four kids under the age of 10 on board. I was hoping to introduce them to fishing. I anchored just west of the MH lighthouse in very tight to the shore in not more than 24 feet of water feeling safe from the normal weekend traffic. Then we saw the rooster tails coming at us from PIB. Cool at first but not for long. They came dangerously close to many anchored boats. Two of them actually passed between my boat and the shore at full speed. I could have hit them with a rock and would have if I had one handy. It seems that the coasties are more concerned about out dated flares than what is a Truely a dangerous situation and just look the other way. I have wanted to get this off my chest for a long time now. Thanks for listening.
    The whole expired flares thing has been on my nerve for a few years now. With today’s modern communications via cell phone and gps coordinates why does the ODNR think we still need flares?????

Go Fast Boats-5257867a-0c90-44b9-b222-ddb3b85820b4-jpg

Maybe this guy was going too fast! Did anyone else see this boat buried in the woods and Junk Yard Point last Sunday? We were fishing for smallmouth right next to it before we were able to spot it in the woods. Sorry about the pic but you can see it if you zoom in.

Go Fast Boats-8983b693-643f-44ef-8b9b-29aa69d8bdba-jpg there that’s better.