Perch Perch Perch Perch
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Perch

Default Perch

7/27 300 yards west of D can, lots of boats found some good marks away from everyone. Started fishing at noon limit at 4; 12.5 lbs at the cleaners. Sat in one spot and waited them out, longest wait was about 15 minutes between fish. Golden shiners(pretty sure that's why it took 4 hours), 3 hook crappie rig, and spreader(they liked the crappie rig better today). Only one double. Lots of boats on Big Pickerel, heard some good reports from there also. Beautiful day to be on the lake.

Spent the last two weekends fishing off Ward's in 22 FOW. Had to move around a lot to keep catching fish, and it was 6 and 8 hour days even with shiners. Glad i went east today. Be back out Sat and Sun.

7/28-29 Back to D Can Saturday had to move around a little. Marked lots of perch but they weren't biting, once they started got a 2 man limit in 2 hours. 22lbs at Shatto's Fish Cleaning, 3 hook crappie rigs with goldies from Bite Me Bait.
    Sunday went out to D can a little earlier 8:30 fished in one spot two and a half hours. 3 man limit 34 lbs at Shatto's, 3 hook crappie rigs with goldies. Got a bonus 16" walleye, that tangled up a couple of lines, weather was awsome all weekend.

8/3 Tried A can this morning, about 300 yards due south of the can, found some nice marks. Lots of boats north of the can, but only 3 of us south. I was by myself and caught my 30 perch in 2 hours. Decent size 13 lbs at Shattos fish cleaning. 3 hook crappie rig with goldies from Bite Me Bait

8/4 south of A can 2 man limit 9 to noon, was catching lots of 11 inch fish on the top hooks 9 and 10s on the bottom. 3 hook crappie rigs with goldies 25 lbs at Shattos. Eric from Bite Me Bait said he will have goldies in the morning.
    Last edited by 5285; 08-05-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Default 35 pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by 5285 View Post
    8/4 south of A can 2 man limit 9 to noon, was catching lots of 11 inch fish on the top hooks 9 and 10s on the bottom. 3 hook crappie rigs with goldies 35 lbs at Shattos. Eric from Bite Me Bait said he will have goldies in the morning.
    Boy you must of had big fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Justretired View Post
    Boy you must of had big fish!
    Yea...assume he meant 3 man limit...Guess it is not impossible, and if not, wow, I want to catch some of those! Was in that same area Sat and ours went 31# for 88, and were real nice fish. We did keep a few down to 8 in to fill the 3 man limit.

8/4 CORRECTION; that was 25 lbs at the cleaners for 60 perch, not 35 lbs

8/5 Back out to south of A can. Fantastic morning 2 hours 60 nice perch, again 25 lbs at Shatto's fish cleaning, on goldies from Bite Me Bait. 3 hook crappie rigs.

Had an incident this morning that I think warrants mentioning. I am always mildly annoyed by people traveling into and out of a pack of boats and leaving a large wake, but this morning was something much more. An inconsiderate jerk-wad in a red and white 27' hard top Sportcraft left the pack around 10 o'clock at full throttle and passed 100 feet off my bow. he blew the boat beside me off his anchor and rearranged most of the gear in my boat. If you are that discourteous punk and a stranger walks up and slaps you upside the head; it means I found you.
    Attached Images Attached Images Perch-20180805_082442-jpg 
    Last edited by 5285; 08-05-2018 at 08:56 PM.

Still. Real nice grade fish!

Thank you they have been nice size. I have been buying extra bait and sorting the bigger goldies (give the small ones to my neighbors) I have noticed catching bigger perch 11+ inches and not near as many smaller ones.I don't like to sort perch, seems like unless they are very lightly lip hooked the gulls end up with a lot of them. Using minnows big enough that most guys cut them in half seems to reduce the number of smaller perch caught.